The Orlando Magic (38-39) will travel to Scotiabank Arena to take on the Toronto Raptors (54-23). The game starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, April 1, 2019, and will air on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic at Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
Both teams covered in their last game. The Raptors (10.5-point favorites) defeated the Chicago Bulls 124-101, while the Magic (1.5-point underdog) beat the Indiana Pacers 121-116. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Toronto game finished 11 points over the projected point total of 214, while the Orlando game went 31.5 points over the projected point total of 205.5.
Orlando played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 6.7 (better than their season average of 11.5) and a free throw rate of 0.130 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Indiana recorded marks of 13.2 and 0.121, respectively. Toronto, meanwhile, played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.157 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.541). Chicago was 0.103 and 0.469, respectively, for those same stats. Serge Ibaka had a good game for Toronto, finishing with 23 points and 12 rebounds. Orlando received a boost from Aaron Gordon, who had 23 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists.
In the season series between these two teams, the Magic lead two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to put up 211 points, which was under the projected point total of 216.5. Orlando won 113-98, covering as a 7-point underdog. Orlando out-rebounded Toronto. The Magic had more offensive rebounds (12 vs. six), defensive rebounds (40 vs. 36) and total rebounds (52 vs. 42). Nikola Vucevic put up a double-double in the victory with 23 points and 12 rebounds.
Games including the Magic tend to go under the O/U total (57.1 percent). Orlando holds records of 38-39 straight up (SU) and 40-34-3 against the spread (ATS).
Contrary to Orlando, Raptors games tend to finish over the total (55.8 percent). Toronto is 54-23 SU, but they are just 34-41-2 ATS.
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Toronto figures to have a noteworthy edge. The Raptors defense ranks third in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.509), while the Orlando offense is ranked 21st in effective field goal percentage (0.514).
Orlando Magic vs. Toronto Raptors Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
- Toronto ranks fourth in fast break points per game (18.7) while Orlando ranks 27th (10.5).
- The Raptors rank 15th in points in the paint per game (48.8) while the Magic rank 28th (43.2).
- Orlando ranks second in second chance points allowed per game (10.9) while Toronto ranks 12th (13.1).
- Orlando ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while Toronto ranks sixth (4.5).
- The Raptors rank eighth in steals per game (8.4) while the Magic rank 27th (6.6).
- The Magic rank second in assists allowed per game (23.0) while the Raptors rank 12th (24.4).
- Toronto ranks eighth in points off turnovers per game (17.7) while Orlando ranks 25th (15.2).
- Toronto is 14-1 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Orlando is 19-3.
- When reaching 100 points, the Magic are 34-18 and the Raptors are 51-17.
- Toronto is 16-22-1 ATS at home, while Orlando is 21-17-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 20 of the Raptors’ 39 home games, while 25 of the Magic’s 40 road games have gone under.
- The Magic are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Raptors are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Orlando has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Toronto has 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 113.0 points per game (6.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 109.4 points per game (3.1 above their season average).
- The Raptors’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.8, up from 5.9 for the season.