The Toronto Raptors (2-1) will be 5-point favorites at home in Scotiabank Arena when they square off against the Orlando Magic (1-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 212.5 points and it can be seen on CTV Sportsnet Toronto at 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, October 28, 2019.
Orlando Magic at Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
The last time the Raptors played, they comfortably covered the 3-point spread against the Chicago Bulls, 108-84. The Magic, meanwhile, were defeated by the Atlanta Hawks, 103-99, and failed to cover as 2-point underdogs. The Toronto game finished 27 points under the projected point total of 219, while the Orlando game finished 14 points under the projected point total of 216.
Toronto dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.555 and a free throw rate of 0.207. For those same stats, Chicago put up marks of 0.345 and 0.175, respectively. Orlando, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting and making free throws (24-26; 92.3 percent). OG Anunoby had a good outing for Toronto, contributing 17 points and six rebounds. Nikola Vucevic played a key role for Orlando with 16 points and 10 rebounds.
Since last season, the Magic are 43-41 straight up (SU) and 36-46-2 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, Orlando games have finished under the projected point total 59.5 percent of the time.
The Raptors, meanwhile, have records of 60-25 SU and 51-44 ATS since last season. Vegas has been fairly accurate when setting the O/U total of Toronto games over that same stretch with 50 overs compared to 45 unders.
Toronto could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they go head-to-head against one of the worst offenses in the league. Dating back to the 2018-19 season, the Raptors rank second in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.503), while Orlando is 24th in effective field goal percentage (0.512).
Orlando Magic vs. Toronto Raptors ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Raptors, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Toronto ranks fifth in fast break points per game (18.0) while Orlando ranks 25th (10.9).
- The Magic rank first in second chance points allowed per game (10.9) while the Raptors rank 11th (12.9).
- Toronto ranks 20th in points in the paint per game (46.6) while Orlando ranks 27th (43.6).
- Orlando ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.4) while Toronto ranks eighth (4.7).
- The Raptors rank 11th in steals per game (8.2) while the Magic rank 26th (6.7).
- The Magic rank fifth in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.8) while the Raptors rank 10th (15.6).
- Orlando ranks third in assists allowed per game (23.2) while Toronto ranks 15th (24.3).
- Orlando is 20-4 when they allow less than 100 points, while Toronto is 26-2.
- When reaching the century mark, the Raptors are 71-25 and the Magic are 39-19.