The Orlando Magic (27-32) will travel to the AT&T Center to go head-to-head against the San Antonio Spurs (24-33). Action gets underway at 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and can be seen on KENS-TV 5.
Orlando Magic at San Antonio Spurs Betting Odds
In the Magic’s last game, they were victorious over the Minnesota Timberwolves, 136-125, despite being 3-point underdogs. The Spurs, meanwhile, were defeated by the Dallas Mavericks, 109-103, and failed to cover as 4-point underdogs. The Orlando game went 30.5 points over the projected point total of 230.5, while the San Antonio game finished 21 points under the projected point total of 233.
Orlando dominated every stat category in the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0 (above their season average of 22.2) and a free throw rate of 0.184 (below their season average of 0.189). Minnesota was 12.0 and 0.168, respectively, for those same stats. San Antonio, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.5 (above their season average of 20.3). San Antonio’s DeMar DeRozan led the way, putting up 27 points, nine assists and eight rebounds. Aaron Gordon led the way for Orlando with 17 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds to record his zeroth triple-double of the year.
In their first matchup this season, Al-Farouq Aminu led the Magic to a 111-109 victory. He registered a double-double with 13 points and 13 rebounds. Orlando covered as a 2-point favorite and the two teams combined for 220 points, which was over the projected point total of 212.5. One of Orlando’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They had 34 free throw attempts, while San Antonio had just 10.
Games including the Magic have gone under the total 51.7 percent of the time. Orlando holds records of 27-32 straight up (SU) and 25-29-4 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Spurs’ 57 games, 34 have finished over the O/U total. Further, San Antonio owns records of 24-33 SU and 23-32-2 ATS.
It could be a tough game for San Antonio on the offensive glass. The Spurs are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 29th in offensive rebounding percentage at 20.4 percent. Meanwhile, Orlando ranks seventh in the league at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 78.7 percent. Ball security should be an advantage for the Magic. They rank 2nd at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 11.9 percent). Conversely, the Spurs force the fourth-fewest turnovers in the league (opponents’ turnover percentage of 12.0 percent).
Orlando Magic vs. San Antonio Spurs ATS Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Over
- The Magic rank fifth in blocks per game (5.9) while the Spurs rank ninth (5.4).
- Orlando ranks fifth in steals per game (8.5) while San Antonio ranks 22nd (6.9).
- The Magic rank 13th in assists allowed per game (24.2) while the Spurs rank 27th (25.7).
- Orlando ranks second in fast break points allowed per game (11.6) while San Antonio ranks 15th (13.2).
- San Antonio averages 45.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 14th in the NBA. Orlando ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- The Magic rank second in second chance points allowed per game (11.4) while the Spurs rank 18th (13.2).
- The Magic rank 19th in three pointers attempted per game (32.0) while the Spurs rank 29th (28.5).
- Orlando is 25th in the league with 45.5 points in the paint per game while San Antonio is 29th with 43.3 points in the paint per game.
- Orlando ranks 11th in points off turnovers per game (17.0) while San Antonio ranks 25th (14.8).
- San Antonio is 2-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Orlando is 12-4.
- The Magic are 23-13 when they score above 100 points, while the Spurs are 24-28.
- Orlando is 15-12-2 ATS on the road, while San Antonio is 9-18 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 14 of the Spurs’ 27 home games, while 16 of the Magic’s 29 road games have gone over.
- The Magic are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Spurs are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Orlando has 5 overs, while San Antonio has 3 overs and 2 unders.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 120.6 points per game (15.5 above their season average) and allowed an average of 118.4 points per game (12.0 above their season average).
- The Spurs’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.8, up from 1.7 for the season.