The Phoenix Suns (4-8) will be at home in Talking Stick Resort Arena when they meet the Orlando Magic (7-4). Orlando opened as a 3.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 225 points. Action gets underway at 9 p.m. ET on Friday, November 10, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Orlando Magic vs. Phoenix Suns Betting Preview
The Magic defeated the New York Knicks in their last contest, 112-99. With 11 points, 11 assists and six rebounds, Orlando’s Elfrid Payton had a solid outing. Orlando played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.8 (better than their season average of 14.1) and a free throw rate of 0.163 (matching their season average). For those same stats, New York put up marks of 21.2 and 0.125, respectively.
The last time the Suns played, they were beaten by the Miami Heat, 126-115. Devin Booker was the top scorer from either team with 30 points on 9-for-23 shooting. Miami had an offensive rebounding percentage of 28.2 (above their season average of 18.7). Phoenix, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (9.8 vs. 12.7).
Phoenix might struggle to put up points as they go head-to-head against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Orlando ranks sixth in defensive efficiency, while the Suns rank 25th in offensive efficiency.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Orlando games have finished under 63.6 percent of the time, while 58.3 percent of games involving Phoenix have finished over. The Magic come into this game with a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 7-4 SU and 6-5 ATS, while the Suns are 4-8 SU and 5-7 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, the Magic won 109-103. Orlando had a better turnover percentage (10.2 vs. 13.8). Phoenix, meanwhile, did a great job of making free throws (25-30; 83.3 percent).
Orlando Magic at Phoenix Suns Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Suns rank 14th in points in the paint per game (43.7) while the Magic rank 28th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.8).
- Orlando averages 8.5 steals per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Phoenix ranks 15th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Phoenix ranks 12th in second chance points per game (12.7) while Orlando ranks 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- Orlando is 3-2 ATS on the road, while Phoenix is 2-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 3 of the Magic’s 5 road games, while 3 of the Suns’ 6 home games have gone over.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Orlando is 5-0 and Phoenix is 1-1.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Magic are 7-2 and the Suns are 3-4.
- The Magic rank 16th in points off turnovers per game (17.7) while the Suns rank 25th (14.8).
- Orlando ranks third in assists per game (24.9) while Phoenix ranks 28th (18.3).
- The Suns average 46.2 rebounds per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. The Magic rank 25th in rebounds allowed per game (46.5).
- The Magic rank eighth in blocks per game (5.3) while the Suns rank 12th in blocks allowed per game (4.8).
- Orlando ranks 10th in fast break points allowed per game (9.8) while Phoenix ranks 25th (14.7).
- Phoenix is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Orlando is 3-2 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Suns’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.2, down from 10.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Magic have scored an average of 99.8 points per game (9.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.2 points per game (4.4 below their season average).