The Orlando Magic (2-4), 3.5-point underdogs, will travel to Chesapeake Energy Arena to go head-to-head against the Oklahoma City Thunder (2-4). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 203 points and it will air on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 5, 2019.
Orlando Magic at Oklahoma City Thunder ATS Odds
In the Thunder’s last matchup, they defeated the New Orleans Pelicans, 115-104, easily covering as 2-point favorites. The Magic, meanwhile, were topped by the Denver Nuggets, 91-87, and were not able to cover as 4-point underdogs. The Oklahoma City game went 9.5 points under the projected point total of 228.5, while the Orlando game finished 21.5 points under the projected point total of 199.5.
Oklahoma City played a nearly flawless contest. They had a free throw rate of 0.200 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 10.7 (better than their season average of 15.0). New Orleans recorded marks of 0.138 and 13.4, respectively, for those same stats. Orlando, meanwhile, held Denver to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.9 (below their season average of 24.2). Shai Gilgeous-Alexander played a key role for Oklahoma City with 23 points and eight rebounds. Aaron Gordon had a good game for Orlando, putting up 21 points and nine rebounds.
The Thunder dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent game, Oklahoma City won 132-122. The Thunder’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Magic. Oklahoma City had a rate of 20.0, while Orlando posted a mark of 16.3.
Of the Magic’s six games, five have finished under the total. Orlando heads into the game with records of 2-4 straight up (SU) and 1-4-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Thunder also tend to finish under the total (83.3 percent). Although Oklahoma City has a difficult time winning games outright (2-4 SU), they have a phenomenal record ATS (4-2).
It will be a battle of opposite paces as the fast-paced Thunder will look to push the more grind-it-out Magic. Since last season, the Thunder rank fourth in possessions per game while the Magic are 26th.
Magic at Thunder Odds Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- The Magic rank third in assists allowed per game (23.0) while the Thunder rank 12th (24.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (9.1) while Orlando ranks 26th (6.7).
- The Thunder rank third in points off turnovers per game (18.8) while the Magic rank 24th (15.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks sixth in fast break points per game (17.5) while Orlando ranks 27th (10.8).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in rebounds per game (47.9) while Orlando ranks 14th (45.4).
- The Thunder rank second in second chance points per game (15.2) while the Magic rank 24th (12.2).
- The Magic average 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Thunder rank 19th in blocks allowed per game (5.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks seventh in points in the paint per game (50.9) while Orlando ranks 28th (43.4).
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Orlando is 21-5 and Oklahoma City is 12-1.
- When reaching 100 points, the Thunder are 48-28 and the Magic are 39-19.