The Orlando Magic (5-7), 1-point underdogs, will travel to Madison Square Garden to challenge the New York Knicks (4-9). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 207.5 points and it will air on MSG Network at 7:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 11, 2018.
Orlando Magic at New York Knicks ATS Odds
In the Magic’s last matchup, they topped the Washington Wizards, 117-108, as 4-point underdogs. The Knicks, meanwhile, were beaten by the Toronto Raptors, 128-112, and were not able to cover as 1.5-point underdogs. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Orlando game went 3.5 points over the projected point total of 221.5, while the New York game finished 14.5 points over the projected point total of 225.5.
Orlando dominated every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 21.4) and a turnover percentage of 13.7 (worse than their season average of 11.7). Washington put up marks of 16.2 and 16.6, respectively, for those same stats. New York, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.7 vs. 13.4). New York was lifted by Enes Kanter, who had 15 points and 15 rebounds. Meanwhile, Nikola Vucevic played a pivotal role for Orlando with 21 points and 14 rebounds.
The Magic edged out the Knicks in this series last year, taking three out of four games. In the most recent game, Orlando won 97-73. The Magic’s 23.9 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Knicks, who had a rate of 14.3. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Of the Magic’s 12 games, eight have finished under the total. Orlando holds records of 5-7 straight up (SU) and 5-7 against the spread (ATS).
Knicks games also have a tendency to finish under the total (58.3 percent). Although New York has difficulty winning games outright (4-9 SU), they have a respectable record ATS (7-4-1).
The offensive glass should be a solid advantage for New York in this battle. The Knicks are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking fifth in offensive rebounding percentage at 26.7 percent. Meanwhile, Orlando ranks 18th in the league at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.8 percent.
Orlando Magic vs. New York Knicks Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank eighth in points off turnovers per game (19.0) while the Magic rank 12th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.6).
- Orlando ranks eighth in assists per game (25.0) while New York ranks 29th (19.5).
- The Knicks rank second in fast break points allowed per game (10.3) while the Magic rank 12th (12.8).
- New York ranks 14th in rebounds per game (45.5) while Orlando ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (48.0).
- New York ranks 21st in points in the paint per game (45.4) while Orlando ranks 27th (42.2).
- The Magic rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.0) while the Knicks rank 22nd (6.3).
- The Magic rank fifth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Knicks rank 11th (7.3).
- Orlando ranks 15th in three pointers attempted per game (31.4) while New York ranks 17th in three pointers allowed per game (31.5).
- Orlando ranks eighth in second chance points per game (15.3) while New York ranks 20th in second chance points allowed per game (14.3).
- Orlando and New York are both 1-0 when they allow under 100 points.
- The Knicks are 4-7 when they score over 100 points, while the Magic are 4-2.
- New York is 3-2-1 ATS at home, while Orlando is 3-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 2 of the Magic’s 4 road games, while 3 of the Knicks’ 6 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Orlando and New York have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Knicks are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Magic are 2-3.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 110.4 points per game (2.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.0 points per game (1.7 above their season average).
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 7.1 for the season.