The Dallas Mavericks (4-2) will be 7.5-point favorites at home in the American Airlines Center when they square off with the Orlando Magic (2-5). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 207 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Southwest at 8:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, November 6, 2019.
Orlando Magic at Dallas Mavericks ATS Odds
In the Mavericks’ previous outing, they won big over the Cleveland Cavaliers, 131-111, easily covering as 5.5-point favorites. The Magic, meanwhile, were defeated by the Oklahoma City Thunder, 102-94, and were unable to cover as 4-point underdogs. The Dallas game went 23 points over the projected point total of 219, while the Orlando game finished 3.5 points under the projected point total of 199.5.
The Mavericks had an extraordinary effective field goal percentage of 0.638 (above their season average of 0.513) and had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.5 (above their season average of 23.7). Orlando, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.0 (above their season average of 21.0). Dallas was lifted by Luka Doncic, who accumulated 29 points, 15 assists and 14 rebounds. This gave him his second triple-double of the year. Jonathan Isaac, meanwhile played well for Orlando, finishing with 13 points and 10 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Magic won the last game 111-106. The Magic’s offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Mavericks. Orlando had a rate of 25.6, while Dallas posted a mark of 21.3.
Of the Magic’s six games with betting action, five have gone under the total. Orlando heads into the contest with records of 2-5 straight up (SU) and 1-4-1 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Orlando, games involving the Mavericks have a tendency to finish over the total (66.7 percent). Additionally, Dallas is 4-2 SU and 3-3 ATS.
Half-court execution will be critical when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams face off. Dallas ranks 21st in possessions per game (101.7) and Orlando is 27th (100.0) since last season.
Orlando Magic vs. Dallas Mavericks Betting Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2018-Present):
- Neither of these teams are great at stealing the ball. The Magic are 26th in the league with 6.7 steals per game while the Mavericks are 29th with 6.5 steals per game.
- Orlando ranks ninth in fast break points allowed per game (12.7) while Dallas ranks last (16.6).
- The Mavericks rank third in three pointers attempted per game (36.8) while the Magic rank 15th (32.2).
- Orlando ranks first in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while Dallas ranks 12th (13.0).
- Orlando ranks 24th in points off turnovers per game (15.3) while Dallas ranks 28th (14.6).
- The Magic rank seventh in blocks per game (5.4) while the Mavericks rank 26th (4.3).
- The Mavericks rank 23rd in points in the paint per game (44.6) while the Magic rank 28th (43.4).
- Dallas averages 45.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. Orlando ranks 13th in rebounds allowed per game (44.9).
- Orlando ranks third in assists allowed per game (23.0) while Dallas ranks 18th (24.5).
- Orlando is 21-5 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Dallas is 11-4.
- The Mavericks are 36-39 when they score over 100 points, while the Magic are 39-19.