The NBA’s top scoring defense will be a 3-point favorite on the road at State Farm Arena, when the Orlando Magic (25-32) clash with the Atlanta Hawks (17-42). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 227 points and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 26, 2020.
Orlando Magic at Atlanta Hawks Betting Odds
The Magic come in on a high note after edging the Brooklyn Nets in their last game, 115-113, as 3.5-point underdogs. The Hawks, meanwhile, were beaten by the Philadelphia 76ers, 129-112, and were not able to cover as 8.5-point underdogs. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The Orlando game went 15 points over the projected point total of 213, while the Atlanta game went 14.5 points over the projected point total of 226.5.
Orlando dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.157 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 9.4 (better than their season average of 10.9). Brooklyn was 0.052 and 10.8, respectively, for those same stats. Atlanta, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.4 (above their season average of 21.1). Atlanta’s Trae Young led the way, putting up 28 points, 10 assists and seven rebounds. Aaron Gordon played a key role for Orlando with 27 points and 10 rebounds.
The Hawks lead the season series two games to one. The two teams combined for 261 points in their most recent game, which was well over the projected point total of 223. Atlanta lost 135-126, covering as a 9-point underdog. Orlando had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (34.1 vs. 11.4). Atlanta, meanwhile, did a great job of converting from the free throw line (16-17; 94.1 percent). Vucevic was a top performer in the victory, with 24 points, nine rebounds and nine assists.
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Magic games, with 30 unders compared to 26 overs. Orlando comes into the contest with records of 25-32 straight up (SU) and 24-29-4 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Hawks’ 59 games, 34 have finished over the total. Moreover, Atlanta owns records of 17-42 SU and 27-31-1 ATS.
It will be a battle of conflicting paces as the up-and-down Hawks (ranked third in the NBA in possessions per game) will look to push the more methodical Magic (29th in possessions per game).
Orlando Magic at Atlanta Hawks ATS Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Hawks, O/U – Over
- The Hawks rank eighth in three pointers attempted per game (35.6) while the Magic rank 11th in three pointers allowed per game (33.1).
- Orlando ranks first in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.9) while Atlanta ranks 29th (19.7).
- The Magic rank fifth in blocks per game (5.8) while the Hawks rank 28th in blocks allowed per game (6.3).
- Atlanta ranks third in points in the paint per game (50.7) while Orlando ranks 26th (44.8).
- Orlando ranks 20th in rebounds per game (44.5) while Atlanta ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (47.1).
- The Magic rank second in second chance points allowed per game (11.5) while the Hawks rank 28th (15.0).
- The Magic rank fourth in fast break points allowed per game (11.7) while the Hawks rank 21st (14.4).
- Orlando ranks fourth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Atlanta ranks 27th (8.9).
- Orlando is 12-4 when they allow less than 100 points, while Atlanta is 4-0.
- When reaching the century mark, the Hawks are 17-35 and the Magic are 21-13.
- Orlando is 14-12-2 ATS on the road, while Atlanta is 17-10-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 15 of the Hawks’ 28 home games, while 15 of the Magic’s 28 road games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Orlando and Atlanta are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Magic have 4 overs and 1 under over their last five games, while the Hawks have 3 overs and 2 unders
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.4, up from 1.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Hawks have scored an average of 116.6 points per game (6.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 124.4 points per game (5.4 above their season average).