The Washington Huskies (20-11, 10-8 Pac-12) and the Oregon State Beavers (15-15, 7-11 Pac-12) battle in the Pac-12 Conference Tournament at T-Mobile Arena. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 142.5 points with Oregon State set as a 2.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Oregon State Beavers vs. Washington Huskies Betting Preview
The Beavers easily got past the Washington State Cougars in their last contest, 92-67. With 18 points, 12 rebounds and five assists, Tres Tinkle played well for Oregon State. Oregon State played a flawless game. They had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 32.1) and a free throw rate of 0.222 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Washington State was 12.1 and 0.107, respectively.
The last time the Huskies played, they were dismantled by the Oregon Ducks, 72-64. With 18 points and eight rebounds, Noah Dickerson put together a good performance for Washington. Oregon had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.5 vs. 25.7). Washington, on the other hand, did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (15-17; 88.2 percent).
The physical Washington offense seems poised to dominate from the foul line. The Huskies rank 92nd in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.262, while Oregon State ranks 303rd in FTA rate allowed (0.285). It could also be an error-filled game for the Beavers’ offense, which ranks 264th in ball security (turnover percentage of 19.8 percent). They’ll be going up against the top-notch defense of the Huskies, which forces the 36th-most turnovers in the nation (21.6 percent).
Of Oregon State’s 29 games that accepted bets, 15 have finished under the projected point total, while 17 of Washington’s 29 games have finished under the O/U total. The Huskies come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 20-11 SU and 14-13-2 ATS, while the Beavers are 15-15 SU and 12-17-1 ATS.
Dickerson has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Washington, averaging 14.4 points, 8.6 rebounds and 1.2 steals per game.
These two teams have already met twice this year, each winning once. Dickerson scored a game-high 25 points in the most recent matchup, in which the Huskies defeated the Beavers 79-77 but were unable to cover as 3.5-point favorites. He also recorded five rebounds. The two teams combined to score 156 points, which was 16.5 points above the projected point total of 139.5 points. The Huskies dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.548 and a turnover percentage of 12.7. The Beavers had marks of 0.235 and 19.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Oregon State Beavers vs. Washington Huskies Betting Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Oregon State, ATS Winner – Oregon State, O/U – Over
- The Huskies average 5.0 blocks per game, which ranks 20th in the NCAA. The Beavers rank 120th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Washington ranks 232nd in three pointers attempted per game (19.5) while Oregon State ranks 273rd (18.0).
- Oregon State averages 15.1 assists per game, which ranks 69th in the NCAA. Washington ranks 256th in assists allowed per game (15.8).
- The Beavers rank 33rd in rebounds allowed per game (31.9) while the Huskies rank 159th (34.9).
- Washington averages 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 13th in the nation. Oregon State ranks 136th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Washington is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oregon State is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Huskies’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, up from 1.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Beavers have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 73.6 points per game (2.8 above their season average).