The Oregon State Beavers (13-12, 5-8 Pac-12) look to snap their seven-game road losing streak when they challenge the USC Trojans (18-9, 9-5 Pac-12), who will attempt to prolong their six-game home winning streak. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 143.5 points with USC set as an 8-point favorite. Action starts at 11 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018.
Oregon State Beavers at USC Trojans Odds Preview
In the Beavers last game, they were beaten by the UCLA Bruins, 75-68. Alfred Hollins had a good game for Oregon State, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 7-for-11 shooting. UCLA had an offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 28.5). Oregon State, meanwhile, held the Bruins to an effective field goal percentage of 0.426 (below their season average of 0.542).
The Trojans will look to keep it rolling after just getting past the Oregon Ducks in their last game, 72-70. Chimezie Metu played a pivotal role for USC with 18 points and 10 rebounds. The Trojans had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.598 (above their season average of 0.534) and had a better turnover percentage (12.8 vs. 14.4).
USC figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Trojans rank 35th in offensive efficiency, while Oregon State ranks 175th in defensive efficiency. Moreover, the Beavers, who rank 46th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.283), will battle against the Trojans, who rank 42nd in opponents FTA rate (0.191).
Drew Eubanks has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Oregon State, averaging 14.4 points, 9.2 rebounds and 2.8 blocks per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Trojans won 74-67. The Trojans played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.8 and a solid effective field goal percentage of 0.551. The Beavers were 17.9 and 0.444, respectively, for those same stats. Jordan McLaughlin had a standout performance in the victory, producing 12 points and six assists.
Oregon State Beavers vs. USC Trojans Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Oregon State, ATS Winner – Oregon State, O/U – Under
- The Trojans rank 57th in blocks per game (4.2) while the Beavers rank 106th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- USC ranks 131st in three pointers attempted per game (22.4) while Oregon State ranks 273rd (17.9).
- The Trojans rank 23rd in steals allowed per game (5.0) while the Beavers rank 149th (6.6).
- Oregon State ranks 76th in assists per game (15.2) while USC ranks 175th in assists allowed per game (14.0).
- The Trojans average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.2, down from 6.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Beavers have scored an average of 80.0 points per game (6.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 77.0 points per game (6.8 above their season average).