It will be a clash between two superb defenses when the Oregon Ducks (9-4) meet the Oregon State Beavers (8-4) at Matthew Knight Arena. The game starts at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 5, 2019, and will air on Pac-12 Network.
Oregon State Beavers vs. Oregon Ducks Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Ducks had no trouble getting past the Portland State Vikings 84-57, while the Beavers beat the UC Riverside Highlanders 72-59.
Oregon State played a nearly flawless game. They had a turnover percentage of 9.9 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.559. UC Riverside was 15.4 and 0.456, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Oregon’s 0.520 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Portland State, who had a mark of 0.137. Oregon’s Bol Bol had a solid performance, recording 12 points and 12 rebounds. Meanwhile, Oregon State was led by Tres Tinkle, who finished with 19 points, eight rebounds and seven assists.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Ducks won the last matchup 66-57. Oregon’s 0.404 free throw rate was their largest advantage over Oregon State, who had a mark of 0.250. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The Beavers’ Stephen Thompson Jr. has been playing at a high level over his last five games, averaging 0 points per game. Meanwhile, Bol has averaged 0 points during that same time frame for the Ducks.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Oregon ranks 329th in possessions per game (66.3) and Oregon State is 313th (66.9).
Oregon State at Oregon Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Oregon, ATS Winner – Oregon, O/U – Over
- Oregon State ranks 55th in three pointers allowed per game (20.3) while Oregon ranks 241st (27.1).
- The Beavers average 15.3 assists per game, which ranks 58th in the NCAA. The Ducks rank 72nd in assists allowed per game (11.8).
- Oregon State is 42nd in the country with 31.9 rebounds allowed per game while Oregon is 53rd with 32.3 rebounds allowed per game.
- Both of these teams are exceptional at blocking the ball. The Beavers are 11th in the NCAA with 5.8 blocks per game while the Ducks are 45th with 4.5 blocks per game.
- Oregon ranks 48th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Oregon State ranks 76th (6.0).
- During their last five games, the Ducks have scored an average of 79.4 points per game (7.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 63.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average).
- The Beavers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 9.4, up from 8.3 for the season.