Pac-12 foes will clash when the Oregon State Beavers (9-5, 1-1 Pac-12) meet the Oregon Ducks (11-4, 1-1 Pac-12) at Gill Coliseum. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 142.5 points with Oregon opening as a 2.5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Friday, January 5, 2018.
Oregon Ducks vs. Oregon State Beavers ATS Preview
The Ducks defeated the Colorado Buffaloes in their last game, 77-62. Troy Brown was the top scorer from either team with 21 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Oregon dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.373 (above their season average of 0.242) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.569 (above their season average of 0.554). Colorado was 0.085 and 0.483, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Beavers played, they were topped by the Utah Runnin’ Utes, 66-64. Tres Tinkle led Oregon State in scoring with 14 points on 3-for-11 shooting. Utah did a great job of making free throws (13-16; 81.3 percent). Oregon State, meanwhile, held the Runnin’ Utes to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.4 (below their season average of 26.0).
The physical Oregon State offense looks poised to dominate from the foul line. The Beavers currently rank 13th in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.319, while Oregon ranks 277th in FTA rate allowed (0.275). ,
Of Oregon’s 13 games with betting action, seven have finished over the O/U total, while 7 of Oregon State’s 13 games have finished under the O/U total. The Ducks come into this game with considerably better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 11-4 SU and 6-8 ATS, while the Beavers are 9-5 SU and 4-10 ATS.
Brown has taken his game to another level over the last five games for Oregon, averaging 12.6 points, 7.8 rebounds, 4.0 assists and 1.2 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Ducks won both meetings last season. In the most recent matchup, Oregon won 80-59. The Ducks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.250 and a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.589. For those same stats, the Beavers were 0.104 and 0.388, respectively.
Oregon Ducks at Oregon State Beavers ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oregon, ATS Winner – Oregon, O/U – Under
- The Ducks are 22nd in the NCAA with 10.3 assists allowed per game while the Beavers are 39th with 11.1 assists allowed per game.
- Oregon allows the 33rd-fewest rebounds per game (31.5) while Oregon State ranks 36th (31.7).
- Oregon State is 2-7 ATS at home, while Oregon is 1-3 ATS on the road.
- The Ducks have 2 overs and 2 unders in 4 road games.
- Of the Beavers 9 home games, they have 4 overs and 4 unders.
- Oregon ranks 60th in three pointers attempted per game (25.3) while Oregon State ranks 238th (18.4).
- The Ducks rank 48th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Beavers rank 101st (6.4).
- Both of these teams are exceptional at blocking the ball. Oregon is 18th in the nation with 5.8 blocks per game while Oregon State is 58th with 4.4 blocks per game.
- Oregon State is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oregon is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Beavers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.0, down from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Ducks have scored an average of 78.4 points per game (4.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 71.0 points per game (1.1 above their season average).