The 14th-ranked Oregon Ducks (20-6, 9-4 Pac-12) and their great offense travel to Arizona State to play the Sun Devils (17-8, 8-5 Pac-12) and their exceptional defense. The game will air on ESPN at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Oregon Ducks at Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Odds
Both teams were triumphant in their last game. The Sun Devils were victorious over the California Golden Bears 80-75, while the Ducks easily got past the Utah Runnin’ Utes 80-62.
The Ducks, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.534, had an extraordinary mark of 0.692 and had a turnover percentage of 13.8 (better than their season average of 15.3). The Sun Devils, on the other hand, had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.396 (above their season average of 0.217) and had a turnover percentage of 12.0 (better than their season average of 16.1). Alonzo Verge Jr. played well for Arizona State with 22 points and six rebounds. Will Richardson played well for Oregon, recording 18 points, six rebounds and six assists.
In their first matchup this season, Payton Pritchard led the Ducks to a 78-69 win. He scored a game-high 29 points. The Ducks’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Sun Devils. Oregon had a rate of 35.7, while Arizona State posted a mark of 27.0.
It will be a battle of conflicting styles as the fast-breaking Sun Devils will look to push the slower-paced Ducks. The Sun Devils currently rank 28th in possessions per game while the Ducks are 240th. Furthermore, the Ducks’ 21st-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 111.3) will go head-to-head against the Sun Devils’ 59th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 94.9).
Oregon Ducks at Arizona State Sun Devils Betting Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Arizona State, ATS Winner – Arizona State, O/U – Over
- Oregon ranks 62nd in assists per game (14.5) while Arizona State ranks 243rd (10.9).
- The Sun Devils rank 144th in three pointers attempted per game (22.0) while the Ducks rank 225th in three pointers allowed per game (23.8).
- Arizona State ranks 93rd in blocks per game (3.4) while Oregon ranks 138th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- The Ducks rank 107th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9) while the Sun Devils rank 252nd (38.0).
- Oregon ranks first in steals allowed per game (4.0) while Arizona State ranks 120th (6.4).
- The Ducks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.2, down from 8.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sun Devils have scored an average of 78.2 points per game (4.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.4 points per game (2.2 above their season average).