The UNLV Runnin’ Rebels (6-2) and the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (2-7) go head-to-head at MGM Grand. UNLV opened as a 17-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 150 points. Action starts at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles vs. UNLV Runnin’ Rebels ATS Preview
The last time the Golden Eagles played, they beat the Little Rock Trojans, 74-66. With 18 points and 20 rebounds, Oral Roberts Javan White had a good performance. Oral Roberts dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid free throw rate of 0.262 (above their season average of 0.176) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.9 (below their season average of 33.7). For those same stats, Little Rock was 0.078 and 21.2, respectively.
The Runnin’ Rebels are trying to rebound after their 91-88 loss to the Arizona Wildcats in their last matchup. Brandon McCoy was the games high scorer with 33 points on 13-for-17 shooting. Arizona forced the Runnin’ Rebels into a turnover percentage of 19.7 (above their season average of 16.5). UNLV, on the other hand, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (19-26; 73.1 percent).
Oral Roberts may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this battle. The Golden Eagles rank 274th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.219, while UNLV ranks 38th in FTA rate allowed (0.197) since the 2016-17 season.
Both of these teams have typically finished over the O/U total. Games featuring Oral Roberts have gone over 62.5 percent of the time, while 85.7 percent of UNLV games have gone over. The Runnin’ Rebels come into this game with a substantial advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-2 SU and 6-2 ATS, while the Golden Eagles are 2-7 SU and 4-4 ATS.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles vs. UNLV Runnin’ Rebels Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UNLV, ATS Winner – Oral Roberts, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Eagles rank 131st in blocks allowed per game (3.3) while the Runnin’ Rebels rank 254th (4.4).
- UNLV ranks 183rd in steals per game (6.0) while Oral Roberts ranks 237th (5.4).
- UNLV averages 39.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 26th in the NCAA. Oral Roberts ranks 251st in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- The Runnin’ Rebels rank 117th in assists per game (14.2) while the Golden Eagles rank 301st in assists allowed per game (16.1).
- UNLV ranks 128th in three pointers allowed per game (20.6) while Oral Roberts ranks 273rd (23.5).