The Tulsa Golden Hurricane (0-1) will be at home in Donald Reynolds Center when they take on the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (1-0). The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 149 points with Tulsa opening as an 11-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles vs. Tulsa Golden Hurricane Betting Preview
The Golden Eagles defeated the Avila Eagles in their last contest, 86-72. Albert Owens was the games leading scorer with 23 points on 10-for-23 shooting. The Golden Eagles had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (44.4 vs. 22.5) and had a much better turnover percentage (10.7 vs. 19.1).
The last time the Golden Hurricane played, they were beaten by the Lamar Cardinals, 74-67. Sterling Taplin was Tulsas high scorer with 18 points on 7-for-18 shooting. Lamar had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.8 vs. 12.5). Tulsa, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.314 vs. 0.288).
It will be a matchup of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Golden Eagles will look to push the slower-paced Golden Hurricane. Dating back to last season, the Golden Eagles rank 90th in possessions per game while the Golden Hurricane are 277th.
The Golden Eagles have had records of 9-22 straight up (SU) and 11-16-1 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Vegas has had a tendency to place the total low when Oral Roberts is involved since last season as 67.9 percent of their games have gone over the O/U total.
The Golden Hurricane, meanwhile, are 15-18 SU and 15-15-1 ATS since last season. Tulsas games have gone over the projected point total 54.8 percent of the time over that same time frame.
The Golden Hurricane won the only contest against the Golden Eagles last season, 79-65. The Golden Hurricane played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 32.4 and a free throw rate of 0.210. For those same stats, the Golden Eagles recorded marks of 13.3 and 0.123, respectively.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at Tulsa Golden Hurricane Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Tulsa, ATS Winner – Oral Roberts, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Golden Hurricane average 21.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 156th in the nation. The Golden Eagles rank 263rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- Oral Roberts ranks 193rd in steals per game (5.6) while Tulsa ranks 268th (4.5).
- Tulsa ranks 83rd in assists allowed per game (12.2) while Oral Roberts ranks 285th (15.7).
- The Golden Hurricane rank 82nd in rebounds allowed per game (33.4) while the Golden Eagles rank 236th (36.9).
- Oral Roberts ranks 93rd in blocks allowed per game (3.1) while Tulsa ranks 231st (4.1).