The Montana Grizzlies (2-1) and the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (1-2) face off in the Legends Classic-Subregional at Firestone Fieldhouse. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles vs. Montana Grizzlies Free Preview
The Golden Eagles were blown out by the Oklahoma State Cowboys in their last matchup, 91-48. With 16 points on 7-for-11 shooting, Albert Owens led Oral Roberts in scoring. Oklahoma States turnover percentage was their largest strength over Oral Roberts. The Cowboys had a rate of 8.6, while the Golden Eagles posted a mark of 15.9.
The last time the Grizzlies played, they were blown out by the Penn State Nittany Lions, 70-57. With 15 points and seven rebounds, Michael Oguine put together a solid performance for Montana. Penn State had a much better free throw rate (0.280 vs. 0.125). Montana, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.3 vs. 14.3).
Montana should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Dating back to last season, Montana ranks 20th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.0 percent), while Oral Roberts has forced the 42nd-fewest turnovers (16.8 percent).
The Grizzlies won the sole game against the Golden Eagles last season, 68-47. The Grizzlies dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.546 and an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3. For those same stats, the Golden Eagles had marks of 0.328 and 20.9, respectively.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles vs. Montana Grizzlies Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Oral Roberts, ATS Winner – Oral Roberts, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Grizzlies rank 104th in rebounds allowed per game (34.1) while the Golden Eagles rank 237th (37.1).
- Oral Roberts ranks 118th in blocks allowed per game (3.2) while Montana ranks 238th (4.1).
- Montana ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Oral Roberts ranks 299th (15.9).
- The Grizzlies rank 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (17.8) while the Golden Eagles rank 261st (23.5).
- Montana ranks 30th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Oral Roberts ranks 214th (6.7).