The Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (4-11) and the Omaha Mavericks (7-7, 1-0 Summit) go head-to-head at Baxter Arena. The Golden Eagles can snap a seven-game road losing streak. The game begins at 5:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 30, 2018.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at Omaha Mavericks ATS Odds
Both teams were blown out in their last matchup. The Mavericks fell to the Minnesota Golden Gophers, 104-76, while the Golden Eagles were defeated by the Missouri State Bears, 84-50.
Oral Roberts had a better free throw rate (0.190 vs. 0.127) while Omaha had a better turnover percentage (15.6 vs. 20.0). Omaha’s Zach Jackson had a good game, contributing 21 points and five steals. Meanwhile, Oral Roberts was led by Kerwin Smith, who put up 12 points and nine rebounds.
The Golden Eagles dominated this series last year, winning both games. In the most recent contest, Oral Roberts won 83-75. Oral Roberts’ free throw rate was their largest advantage over Omaha. The Golden Eagles had a rate of 0.167, while the Mavericks posted a mark of 0.079. This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Jackson has been on fire recently for Omaha, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Omaha could put on a ball-control clinic in this battle. Omaha ranks 18th in the NCAA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.6 percent), while Oral Roberts forces the 19th-fewest turnovers (15.8 percent).
Oral Roberts vs. Omaha Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Omaha, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Over
- Oral Roberts ranks 145th in rebounds per game (35.8) while Omaha ranks 249th (29.6).
- The Golden Eagles average 13.7 assists per game, which ranks 123rd in the country. The Mavericks rank 179th in assists allowed per game (14.8).
- Oral Roberts ranks 44th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while Omaha ranks 58th (3.0).
- The Mavericks rank 43rd in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Golden Eagles rank 123rd (7.1).
- Oral Roberts ranks 123rd in three pointers attempted per game (22.9) while Omaha ranks 202nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.2).
- The Mavericks have outscored opponents by an average of 2.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Omaha has been defeated by an average of 0.4 points.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 65.0 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (1.0 below their season average).