The Denver Pioneers (5-22, 1-12 Summit) and the Oral Roberts Golden Eagles (14-12, 7-6 Summit) face off at Magness Arena. The Pioneers will attempt to snap their seven-game losing streak. Action starts at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles at Denver Pioneers Betting Odds
In their last game, the Pioneers were blown out by the Omaha Mavericks, 85-62, while the Golden Eagles beat the South Dakota Coyotes, 94-80.
Oral Roberts dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 3.5 (better than their season average of 13.1) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below their season average of 33.0). South Dakota was 14.5 and 15.2, respectively, for those same stats. Denver, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.127 vs. 0.143). Denver rallied around Ade Murkey, who had 28 points and eight rebounds. Emmanuel Nzekwesi had a solid performance for Oral Roberts, recording 23 points and 12 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, R.J. Fuqua led the Golden Eagles to an 86-77 victory. He put up 19 points, five rebounds and five assists. Oral Roberts out-rebounded Denver. The Golden Eagles had 14 offensive rebounds and 39 total rebounds, while the Pioneers had six and 30, respectively.
It could be a difficult game for Denver on the offensive glass. The Pioneers rank 347th in offensive rebounding percentage (20.5 percent), while Oral Roberts ranks 92nd in defensive rebounding percentage (74.0 percent). Moreover, the Golden Eagles rank 23rd in offensive efficiency (111.3), while the Pioneers rank 328th in defensive efficiency (108.1).
Oral Roberts Golden Eagles vs. Denver Pioneers Odds Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Oral Roberts, ATS Winner – Denver, O/U – Under
- Oral Roberts ranks 78th in three pointers attempted per game (24.2) while Denver ranks 292nd (16.1).
- The Golden Eagles rank ninth in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Pioneers rank 98th (6.2).
- Oral Roberts ranks 170th in assists per game (12.6) while Denver ranks 241st (10.9).
- The Golden Eagles rank 61st in rebounds per game (38.0) while the Pioneers rank 248th (32.8).
- Denver ranks 32nd in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Oral Roberts ranks 134th (3.6).
- The Pioneers’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 11.4, up from 8.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Golden Eagles have scored an average of 81.0 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.4 points per game (5.2 above their season average).