The Western Illinois Leathernecks (5-18, 2-11 Summit) close out their home schedule at Western Hall against the Omaha Mavericks (14-14, 7-6 Summit). Action gets underway at 3 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 22, 2020.
Omaha Mavericks vs. Western Illinois Leathernecks Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Leathernecks lost a close one to the North Dakota Fighting Hawks, 86-83, while the Mavericks won a close one over the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons, 61-59.
The Mavericks forced 19 turnovers and had a better offensive rebounding percentage (27.9 vs. 27.3). Western Illinois, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 32.0 (above their season average of 21.3). Kobe Webster fueled Western Illinois with 20 points and five rebounds. Matt Pile had a good outing for Omaha, finishing with four points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this season, Pile led the Mavericks to an 87-82 victory. He registered a double-double with 16 points and 11 rebounds. Omaha was successful at getting to and converting from the free throw line. The Mavericks made 22 of their 25 free throws (88.0 percent), while the Leathernecks were 13-16 (81.3 percent).
Western Illinois should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Western Illinois ranks sixth in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 15.0 percent), while Omaha forces the 38th-fewest turnovers (17.0 percent).
Omaha Mavericks vs. Western Illinois Leathernecks Odds Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Omaha, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Over
- Western Illinois ranks 84th in assists allowed per game (11.7) while Omaha ranks 236th (14.8).
- The Leathernecks rank 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Mavericks rank 125th (3.5).
- Western Illinois ranks ninth in steals allowed per game (4.7) while Omaha ranks 68th (5.8).
- The Mavericks rank 127th in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Leathernecks rank 275th in rebounds allowed per game (38.6).
- Western Illinois ranks 120th in three pointers attempted per game (22.6) while Omaha ranks 250th (18.4).
- The Mavericks’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.6, down from 2.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Leathernecks have scored an average of 66.8 points per game (7.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 77.4 points per game (3.1 below their season average).