The undefeated TCU Horned Frogs (3-0) try to continue their impressive start when they meet the winless Omaha Mavericks (0-3) at Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 164.5 points with TCU set as a 23.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Omaha Mavericks vs. TCU Horned Frogs ATS Preview
The Mavericks were beaten by the No. 18 Louisville Cardinals in their last contest, 87-78. Lamar Wofford-Humphrey had a good game for Omaha, putting up 14 points and 12 rebounds. Louisville did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (19-22; 86.4 percent). Omaha, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (10.0 vs. 17.8).
The last time the Horned Frogs played, they defeated the South Dakota Coyotes, 76-71. With 23 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Vladimir Brodziansky led TCU in scoring. TCU dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.224 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 31.0. South Dakota recorded marks of 0.115 and 17.1, respectively, for those same stats.
TCU could dominate the offensive glass in this showdown. Since last season, the Horned Frogs rank 48th in offensive rebounding percentage (33.8 percent), while Omaha ranks 306th in defensive rebounding percentage (67.7 percent). Additionally, the Mavericks have been among the NCAAs best at getting to the line, ranking 43rd in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.290). The Horned Frogs, meanwhile, rank 46th in opponents FTA rate (0.201).
Since last season, the Mavericks are 18-17 straight up (SU) and 19-13-2 against the spread (ATS). Since last season, games featuring Omaha have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total (55.9 percent).
The Horned Frogs, meanwhile, have records of 22-15 SU and 20-20 ATS since last season. TCUs games have had a tendency to finish over the projected point total over that same stretch (55.0 percent).
Omaha Mavericks at TCU Horned Frogs Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – TCU, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Horned Frogs average 4.5 blocks per game, which ranks 51st in the nation. The Mavericks rank 258th in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- TCU averages 6.7 steals per game, which ranks 97th in the nation. Omaha ranks 216th in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- TCU ranks 10th in assists per game (17.2) while Omaha ranks 293rd in assists allowed per game (15.7).
- The Horned Frogs rank 29th in rebounds allowed per game (32.1) while the Mavericks rank 289th (38.7).
- TCU ranks 78th in three pointers allowed per game (19.8) while Omaha ranks 294th (24.8).