Expect a high-scoring game when the Omaha Mavericks (11-8, 5-1 Summit) clash against the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (12-9, 4-2 Summit) at Hilliard Gates Center. Action gets underway at 7:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, January 24, 2019.
Omaha Mavericks vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Mastodons lost big to the Western Illinois Leathernecks, 87-58, while the Mavericks beat the South Dakota Coyotes, 75-68.
Omaha played a perfect game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 40.0 (above their season average of 22.8) and a free throw rate of 0.182 (below their season average of 0.184). For those same stats, South Dakota was 22.6 and 0.130, respectively. Purdue Fort Wayne, on the other hand, had a much better free throw rate (0.136 vs. 0.032). Purdue Fort Wayne rallied around John Konchar, who finished with 12 points and eight rebounds. Matt Pile, meanwhile had a solid performance for Omaha, finishing with 12 points and 14 rebounds.
This series was highly contested last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent game, the Mavericks won 90-85. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Omaha’s biggest strengths. They made 33 trips to the line, while Purdue Fort Wayne went just 12 times. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The high-powered offense of Purdue Fort Wayne will battle against the bottom-tier defense of Omaha. The Mastodons rank 53rd in offensive efficiency, while the Mavericks are 320th in defensive efficiency. The Mastodons should have the edge on that end of the court. Additionally, the Mavericks, who rank 316th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.184), will go head-to-head against the Mastodons, who rank 37th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.181).
Omaha Mavericks vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Purdue Fort Wayne, O/U – Over
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 14th in three pointers attempted per game (28.5) while Omaha ranks 236th in three pointers allowed per game (25.3).
- The Mastodons rank 178th in rebounds per game (34.6) while the Mavericks rank 264th (30.7).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Omaha ranks 67th (3.1).
- The Mastodons average 16.0 assists per game, which ranks 40th in the nation. The Mavericks rank 177th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 42nd in steals per game (7.8) while Omaha ranks 164th (5.4).
- During their last five games, the Mastodons have scored an average of 83.8 points per game (4.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 83.6 points per game (9.1 above their season average).
- The Mavericks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.4, up from 1.2 for the season.