The Omaha Mavericks (13-14, 6-6 Summit) will be at the Hilliard Gates Center to take on the Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons (12-16, 5-8 Summit) in a Summit matchup. The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 20, 2020.
Omaha Mavericks vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons ATS Odds
In their last game, the Mastodons fell to the South Dakota State Jackrabbits, 75-64, while the Mavericks easily got past the Denver Pioneers, 85-62.
Omaha played a flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 37.5 (above their season average of 27.2) and a turnover percentage of 13.6 (better than their season average of 15.7). Denver was 21.9 and 19.9, respectively, for those same stats. Purdue Fort Wayne, on the other hand, forced South Dakota State into a turnover percentage of 20.6 (above their season average of 16.5). Purdue Fort Wayne’s Matt Holba had a good game, recording 13 points and five rebounds. Matt Pile, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Omaha with 20 points and 11 rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, JT Gibson led the Mavericks to a 75-71 win. He produced 23 points. The Mavericks’ turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Mastodons. Omaha had a rate of 12.4, while Purdue Fort Wayne posted a mark of 19.2.
Opposite paces will be on display in this meeting. Omaha has preferred to play fast (71st in possessions per game), while Purdue Fort Wayne has been more methodical (217th in possessions per game).
Omaha vs. Purdue Fort Wayne Free Pick
Free College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Omaha, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Under
- Purdue Fort Wayne ranks 45th in three pointers attempted per game (25.5) while Omaha ranks 254th (18.5).
- The Mastodons average 12.6 assists per game, which ranks 168th in the NCAA. The Mavericks rank 245th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- Purdue Fort Wayne averages 34.8 rebounds per game, which ranks 179th in the country. Omaha ranks 187th in rebounds allowed per game (35.9).
- The Mastodons’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 3.8, up from 1.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Mavericks have scored an average of 77.0 points per game (3.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 78.2 points per game (1.6 above their season average).