The New Mexico Lobos (1-0) will be at home in WisePies Arena when they go head-to-head with the Omaha Mavericks (0-1). New Mexico is a 7-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 157.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 14, 2017.
Omaha Mavericks at New Mexico Lobos Free Preview
The last time the Mavericks played, they lost big to the Oklahoma Sooners, 108-89. With 24 points on 8-for-15 shooting, Zach Jackson was the top scorer from either team. Oklahoma did a great job of making free throws (22-27; 81.5 percent). Omaha, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (14.8 vs. 17.2).
The Lobos hope to maintain momentum after blowing out the Northern New Mexico Eagles in their last contest, 147-76. With 24 points on 8-for-14 shooting, Chris McNeal was the games leading scorer. New Mexico dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 16.0 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.753. For those same stats, Northern New Mexico had marks of 29.1 and 0.414, respectively.
The aggressive New Mexico offense seems poised to dominate from the foul line. The Lobos rank second in the NCAA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.338, while Omaha ranks 187th in FTA rate allowed (0.249) dating back to the 2016-17 season.
The Mavericks are 18-15 straight up (SU) and 18-12-2 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Since last season, games including Omaha have had a tendency to go over the projected point total (56.3 percent).
The Lobos are 18-14 SU since last season, but are just 11-17 ATS. New Mexicos games have had a tendency to go under the projected point total over that same stretch (60.7 percent).
Omaha Mavericks at New Mexico Lobos Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – New Mexico, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Lobos average 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 104th in the nation. The Mavericks rank 280th in assists allowed per game (15.5).
- New Mexico ranks 111th in blocks allowed per game (3.2) while Omaha ranks 239th (4.2).
- Omaha ranks 65th in three pointers attempted per game (23.8) while New Mexico ranks 318th (15.1).
- The Mavericks average 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 14th in the nation. The Lobos rank 258th in steals allowed per game (7.7).
- New Mexico ranks 97th in rebounds allowed per game (33.7) while Omaha ranks 276th (38.0).