The No. 18 Louisville Cardinals (1-0) will be at home in KFC Yum! Center when they challenge the Omaha Mavericks (0-2). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 163.5 points with Louisville set as a 25.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Friday, November 17, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Omaha Mavericks vs. Louisville Cardinals Free Preview
The Mavericks were blown out by the New Mexico Lobos in their last matchup, 103-71. Zach Jackson had a solid performance for Omaha, leading the team in scoring with 16 points on 4-for-9 shooting. New Mexico had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (40.4 vs. 23.7). Omaha, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.298 vs. 0.234).
In the Cardinals last game, they topped the George Mason Patriots, 72-61. With 20 points on 9-for-17 shooting, Deng Adel was the games leading scorer. Louisville played a perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.417 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.542. George Mason put up marks of 0.250 and 0.462, respectively, for those same stats.
Louisville could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their high-powered offense goes up against one of the nations worst defenses. The Cardinals rank 37th in offensive efficiency, while Omaha ranks 323rd in defensive efficiency dating back to the 2016-17 season.
The Mavericks have had records of 18-16 straight up (SU) and 18-13-2 against the spread (ATS) since last season. Games involving Omaha have had a slight tendency to finish over the projected point total since last season (54.5 percent).
On the other hand, the Cardinals, are 25-8 SU and 18-14-1 ATS since last season. Louisvilles games have had a slight tendency to go under the projected point total over that same stretch (54.5 percent).
Omaha Mavericks at Louisville Cardinals ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Louisville, ATS Winner – Omaha, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cardinals rank 96th in three pointers allowed per game (20.0) while the Mavericks rank 300th (25.1).
- Louisville ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.0) while Omaha ranks 215th (6.8).
- Louisville ranks 17th in assists allowed per game (10.7) while Omaha ranks 283rd (15.7).
- The Cardinals rank 24th in rebounds per game (39.4) while the Mavericks rank 284th in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- Louisville averages 5.4 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the NCAA. Omaha ranks 233rd in blocks allowed per game (4.2).