The Utah Runnin Utes (3-0) and the Ole Miss Rebels (3-0) face off in the MGM Resorts Main Event Heavyweight at T-Mobile Arena. Tip-off is set for 12:30 a.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017.
Ole Miss Rebels vs. Utah Runnin Utes Betting Preview
The Rebels beat the Georgia State Panthers in their last outing, 77-72. Terence Davis was Ole Miss high scorer with 24 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Ole Miss played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.423 and a turnover percentage of 16.6. For those same stats, Georgia State had marks of 0.302 and 20.3, respectively.
The last time the Runnin Utes played, they blew out the Missouri Tigers, 77-59. Utah received a boost from Donnie Tillman, who contributed 11 points and 10 rebounds. The Runnin Utes had a much better turnover percentage (8.0 vs. 18.2) and had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.532 vs. 0.394).
The prolific offense of Utah will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Ole Miss. Since last season, the Runnin Utes rank 48th in offensive efficiency, while the Rebels are 198th in defensive efficiency. The Runnin Utes figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball. Moreover, the Rebels rank 42nd in offensive rebounding percentage (33.9 percent), while the Runnin Utes rank seventh in defensive rebounding percentage (76.4 percent).
Ole Miss Rebels vs. Utah Runnin Utes Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ole Miss, ATS Winner – Ole Miss, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rebels rank 94th in steals per game (6.7) while the Runnin Utes rank 165th in steals allowed per game (6.3).
- Utah averages 3.7 blocks per game, which ranks 112th in the NCAA. Ole Miss ranks 163rd in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Utah ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (11.2) while Ole Miss ranks 281st (15.1).
- The Runnin Utes rank 90th in three pointers allowed per game (19.9) while the Rebels rank 280th (24.2).
- Utah ranks 19th in rebounds allowed per game (31.4) while Ole Miss ranks 209th (36.3).