The Ole Miss Rebels (9-4) will be at Reed Arena to go head-to-head against the Texas A&M Aggies (6-6, 0-1 SEC) in a SEC matchup. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 7, 2020.
Ole Miss Rebels at Texas A&M Aggies ATS Odds
Both teams lost in their last outing. The Aggies lost to the Arkansas Razorbacks, 69-59, while the Rebels were blown out by the 24th-ranked Wichita State Shockers, 74-54.
Ole Miss had a better turnover percentage (18.4 vs. 16.1) while Texas A&M had a free throw rate of 0.289 (above their season average of 0.265). Josh Nebo had a solid performance for Texas A&M with 10 points and 13 rebounds. Ole Miss, meanwhile, received a boost from Khadim Sy, who had 12 points and five rebounds.
The Rebels won the only contest between these two teams last season, 75-71. Ole Miss did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (18-19; 94.7 percent). Texas A&M, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (35.1 vs. 26.5). This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
The Rebels’ Devontae Shuler has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 13 points,6.4 assists per game. Meanwhile, Nebo has averaged 12 points,8.2 rebounds,3.4 blocks during that same time frame for the Aggies.
The aggressive Texas A&M offense seems poised to dominate from the free throw line. The Aggies rank 55th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.267, while Ole Miss ranks 264th in FTA rate allowed (0.248).
Ole Miss Rebels at Texas A&M Aggies Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Ole Miss, ATS Winner – Ole Miss, O/U – Over
- Ole Miss ranks 46th in three pointers allowed per game (19.0) while Texas A&M ranks 251st (26.9).
- The Aggies rank 45th in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Rebels rank 94th (3.3).
- The Rebels rank 38th in assists per game (15.8) while the Aggies rank 222nd (10.8).
- Ole Miss ranks 71st in steals per game (7.5) while Texas A&M ranks 133rd in steals allowed per game (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Rebels have scored an average of 76.4 points per game (5.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 68.8 points per game (3.0 above their season average).
- The Aggies have outscored opponents by an average of 0.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Texas A&M has lost by an average of 3.7 points.