The Ole Miss Rebels (11-15, 4-9 SEC), who are currently on a six-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they travel to Humphrey Coliseum to square off against the Mississippi State Bulldogs (18-8, 6-7 SEC). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 146.5 points with Mississippi State opening as an 8-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 17, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Ole Miss Rebels vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Odds Preview
In the Rebels last game, they fell to the Arkansas Razorbacks, 75-64. Ole Miss Deandre Burnett had a solid performance, leading both teams in scoring with 24 points on 6-for-15 shooting. Arkansas held the Rebels to an effective field goal percentage of 0.355 (below their season average of 0.498). Ole Miss, meanwhile, had a free throw rate of 0.323 (above their season average of 0.257).
The Bulldogs are trying to rebound after their 81-80 loss to the Vanderbilt Commodores in their last outing. With 15 points and seven rebounds, Abdul Ado played well for Mississippi State. Vanderbilt had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.3 (above their season average of 28.5). Mississippi State, on the other hand, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.679 (above their season average of 0.520).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Mississippi State figures to have a noteworthy advantage. The Bulldogs defense ranks 40th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.471), while the Ole Miss offense is ranked 265th in effective field goal percentage (0.492).
These teams have already met once this season. The Rebels won 64-58. The Rebels dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.9 and a free throw rate of 0.242. For those same stats, the Bulldogs recorded marks of 16.6 and 0.143, respectively. In the victory, Burnett led all scorers with 21 points.
Ole Miss Rebels vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Mississippi State, ATS Winner – Mississippi State, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank 15th in blocks per game (5.4) while the Rebels rank 100th in blocks allowed per game (3.3).
- Mississippi State ranks 37th in steals allowed per game (5.2) while Ole Miss ranks 62nd (5.6).
- Mississippi State ranks 46th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Ole Miss ranks 256th (16.3).
- The Bulldogs average 37.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 79th in the NCAA. The Rebels rank 261st in rebounds allowed per game (38.3).
- Ole Miss ranks 59th in three pointers attempted per game (24.8) while Mississippi State ranks 209th in three pointers allowed per game (23.2).
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.8, down from 7.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rebels have scored an average of 66.0 points per game (10.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.0 points per game (4.2 above their season average).