The Georgia Bulldogs (9-3, 0-1 SEC) will attempt to lengthen a seven-game home winning streak when they go head-to-head with the Ole Miss Rebels (8-5, 1-0 SEC) at Stegeman Coliseum. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 147 points with Georgia opening as a 5.5-point favorite. Action starts at 6:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Ole Miss Rebels vs. Georgia Bulldogs Free Preview
The Rebels beat the South Carolina Gamecocks in their last contest, 74-69. Deandre Burnett led Ole Miss in scoring with 18 points on 3-for-12 shooting. Ole Miss played a nearly flawless game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.531 (above their season average of 0.259) and a turnover percentage of 11.2 (better than their season average of 14.7). South Carolina had marks of 0.293 and 16.8, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they were defeated by the No. 16 Kentucky Wildcats, 66-61. Yante Maten led Georgia in scoring with 17 points on 5-for-15 shooting. Kentucky did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (27-38; 71.1 percent). Georgia, meanwhile, held the Wildcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.361 (below their season average of 0.539).
The offensive glass should be a major edge for Georgia in this matchup. The Bulldogs rank 34th in offensive rebounding percentage (35.7 percent), while Ole Miss ranks 249th in defensive rebounding percentage (69.3 percent). Moreover, the Rebels rank 42nd in turnover percentage (16.5 percent), while the Bulldogs rank 341st in opponents turnover percentage (15.6 percent).
Of Ole Miss 12 games that accepted bets, six have finished under the projected point total, while 5 of Georgia’s 9 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bulldogs hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 9-3 SU and 5-4 ATS, while the Rebels are 8-5 SU and 4-8 ATS.
Maten has really been playing well over the last five games for Georgia, averaging 22.4 points, 9.0 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Bulldogs won the only contest last season, 69-47. The Bulldogs dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an effective field goal percentage of 0.452 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.5. The Rebels recorded marks of 0.294 and 20.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Ole Miss Rebels vs. Georgia Bulldogs ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Georgia, ATS Winner – Georgia, O/U – Over
- The Rebels rank 19th in blocks per game (5.7) while the Bulldogs rank 64th in blocks allowed per game (3.0).
- Ole Miss averages 7.2 steals per game, which ranks 69th in the nation. Georgia ranks 73rd in steals allowed per game (5.9).
- Georgia is 2-1 ATS at home, while Ole Miss is 0-3 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 3 of the Bulldogs 3 home games, while 2 of the Rebels 3 road games have gone under.
- Ole Miss ranks 51st in three pointers attempted per game (25.8) while Georgia ranks 239th (18.1).
- The Bulldogs rank 37th in assists allowed per game (11.3) while the Rebels rank 221st (16.4).
- Georgia ranks 31st in rebounds per game (40.3) while Ole Miss ranks 209th in rebounds allowed per game (37.9).
- Georgia is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Ole Miss is 3-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bulldogs average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.8, down from 6.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rebels have scored an average of 84.0 points per game (2.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.2 points per game (3.8 below their season average).