Expect a high-scoring game when the Ole Miss Rebels (12-2, 2-0 SEC) go head-to-head against the 14th-ranked Mississippi State Bulldogs (12-2, 0-1 SEC) at Humphrey Coliseum. The game is scheduled to start at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019.
Ole Miss Rebels at Mississippi State Bulldogs Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Bulldogs fell to the South Carolina Gamecocks, 87-82, while the Rebels were victorious over the 11th-ranked Auburn Tigers, 82-67.
Ole Miss played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.509 (above their season average of 0.264) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.519 (below their season average of 0.574). Auburn recorded marks of 0.134 and 0.433, respectively, for those same stats. Mississippi State, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.203 vs. 0.160). Aric Holman was a key piece for Mississippi State with 20 points, 10 rebounds and five blocks. Terence Davis had a solid performance for Ole Miss, putting up 27 points and 12 rebounds.
This series was highly competitive last year. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Bulldogs won the last contest 79-62. Mississippi State had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.673 vs. 0.473). Ole Miss, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (9-11; 81.8 percent). This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
Holman has really been playing well recently for Mississippi State, averaging 16 points,8.2 rebounds,2.6 blocks,1.4 steals over the last five games.
This meeting figures to be a shootout as two of the country’s best offenses battle. Mississippi State ranks 25th with 115.8 points per 100 possessions and Ole Miss is 24th (115.9).
Ole Miss Rebels vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Mississippi State, ATS Winner – Ole Miss, O/U – Over
- Mississippi State ranks 38th in assists per game (16.3) while Ole Miss ranks 128th in assists allowed per game (13.3).
- The Rebels rank 10th in rebounds allowed per game (29.4) while the Bulldogs rank 28th (31.2).
- Mississippi State averages 25.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 70th in the nation. Ole Miss ranks 83rd in three pointers allowed per game (21.0).
- The Bulldogs rank 15th in blocks per game (5.4) while the Rebels rank 55th in blocks allowed per game (2.9).
- Mississippi State averages 7.9 steals per game, which ranks 48th in the country. Ole Miss ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (5.1).
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 84.0 points per game (3.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 75.4 points per game (7.3 above their season average).
- The Rebels’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 18.6, up from 13.2 for the season.