The Ole Miss Rebels (9-6, 0-2 SEC) will be at the Stephen C. O’Connell Center to meet the Florida Gators (10-5, 2-1 SEC) in a SEC matchup. Action gets underway at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 14, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Ole Miss Rebels at Florida Gators ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last outing. The Gators fell to the Missouri Tigers, 91-75, while the Rebels were defeated by the Arkansas Razorbacks, 76-72.
Ole Miss held Arkansas to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below their season average of 21.4) while Florida did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (25-32; 78.1 percent). Florida received a boost from Kerry Blackshear Jr., who contributed 22 points. Breein Tyree played a pivotal role for Ole Miss with 27 points.
The Gators won the sole contest between these two teams last season, 90-86. The Gators’ 15.2 turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Rebels, who had a rate of 18.6. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
The aggressive Florida offense could be living from the charity stripe in this battle. The Gators rank 29th in the country with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.281, while Ole Miss ranks 283rd in FTA rate allowed (0.263).
Ole Miss Rebels at Florida Gators Betting Pick
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Florida, ATS Winner – Ole Miss, O/U – Under
- Ole Miss ranks 45th in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while Florida ranks 127th (21.5).
- The Gators rank 64th in rebounds per game (38.5) while the Rebels rank 65th in rebounds allowed per game (33.0).
- The Gators rank 43rd in blocks allowed per game (2.7) while the Rebels rank 104th (3.6).
- Ole Miss averages 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 58th in the nation. Florida ranks 98th in assists allowed per game (12.1).
- The Gators’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 6.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Rebels have scored an average of 67.2 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.2 points per game (3.3 above their season average).