The Old Dominion Monarchs (22-5, 13-2 CUSA) will travel to E.A. Diddle Arena to challenge the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (21-7, 13-2 CUSA) in their home finale. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 24, 2018.
Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers ATS Preview
In the Monarchs last matchup, they defeated the Marshall Thundering Herd, 84-79. Brandan Stith led Old Dominion in scoring with 21 points on 9-for-15 shooting. The Monarchs had an absurd offensive rebounding percentage of 39.5 (above their season average of 32.7), while the Thundering Herd had a turnover percentage of 23.7 (above their season average of 15.9).
The Hilltoppers hope to maintain momentum after dismantling the Charlotte 49ers in their last matchup, 93-55. Western Kentucky was lifted by Josh Anderson, who led the team in scoring with 19 points on 8-for-10 shooting. Western Kentucky played a perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.404 (above their season average of 0.290) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.614 (above their season average of 0.546). For those same stats, Charlotte recorded marks of 0.117 and 0.400, respectively.
This battle pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses. Western Kentucky ranks 41st in offensive efficiency and Old Dominion ranks eighth in defensive efficiency.
Ahmad Caver has really been playing well over the last five games for Old Dominion, averaging 14.4 points, 8.2 assists and 2.4 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Hilltoppers won 75-68. Western Kentucky had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.640 vs. 0.418). Old Dominion, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (32.6 vs. 16.0). Justin Johnson recorded a double-double with 25 points and 14 rebounds.
Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Odds Prediction
Pick: SU Winner – Western Kentucky, ATS Winner – Western Kentucky, O/U – Under
- The Monarchs average 4.1 blocks per game, which ranks 57th in the nation. The Hilltoppers rank 101st in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Old Dominion allows the ninth-fewest steals per game (4.6) while Western Kentucky ranks 47th (5.4).
- Old Dominion ranks 61st in assists per game (15.3) while Western Kentucky ranks 156th in assists allowed per game (13.7).
- The Monarchs rank 212th in three pointers attempted per game (20.3) while the Hilltoppers rank 300th (15.4).
- Old Dominion averages 38.1 rebounds per game, which ranks 54th in the NCAA. Western Kentucky ranks 109th in rebounds allowed per game (33.8).
- The Hilltoppers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 16.8, up from 9.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Monarchs have scored an average of 83.2 points per game (8.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 61.2 points per game (1.4 below their season average).