The Old Dominion Monarchs (10-15, 6-6 CUSA) will be at Tudor Fieldhouse to take on the Rice Owls (12-13, 4-8 CUSA) in a CUSA matchup. The game begins at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Rice Owls ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Owls beat the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders 91-83, while the Monarchs had no trouble getting past the UTEP Miners 72-53.
Old Dominion dominated every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.226 (above their season average of 0.190) and a turnover percentage of 13.6 (better than their season average of 15.3). UTEP had marks of 0.091 and 22.6, respectively, for those same stats. The Owls, meanwhile, knocked down 28 of their 38 free throws (73.7 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 9.1 (better than their season average of 17.0). Rice rallied around Josh Parrish, who put up 21 points and eight rebounds. Aaron Carver, meanwhile fueled Old Dominion with 11 points and 14 rebounds.
The Monarchs won the only contest between these two teams last year, 80-76. Old Dominion’s rebounding was their largest strength. The Monarchs had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. 9), defensive rebounds (26 vs. 24) and total rebounds (40 vs. 33). This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
It might be a tough matchup for Rice on the offensive glass. The Owls rank 270th in offensive rebounding percentage (25.4 percent), while Old Dominion ranks 11th in defensive rebounding percentage (77.9 percent). Also, the Monarchs rank 304th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.192), while the Owls rank 57th in opponents’ FTA rate (0.184).
Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Rice Owls Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Old Dominion, ATS Winner – Old Dominion, O/U – Under
- Rice ranks eighth in three pointers attempted per game (28.8) while Old Dominion ranks 252nd in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- The Monarchs rank 10th in steals allowed per game (4.7) while the Owls rank 96th (6.2).
- The Monarchs average 39.3 rebounds per game, which ranks 33rd in the nation. The Owls rank 217th in rebounds allowed per game (36.6).
- Rice ranks 74th in assists per game (14.3) while Old Dominion ranks 252nd (10.2).
- The Owls have outscored opponents by an average of 4.2 points in their last five games. On the season, Rice has lost by an average of 1.2 points.
- During their last five games, the Monarchs have scored an average of 71.8 points per game (6.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 65.4 points per game (0.8 above their season average).