The North Texas Mean Green (17-9, 11-2 CUSA) welcome the Old Dominion Monarchs (11-15, 7-6 CUSA) to The Super Pit as the regular season comes to a conclusion. The game starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 15, 2020, and will air on ESPNU.
Old Dominion Monarchs vs. North Texas Mean Green ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Mean Green beat the Charlotte 49ers 81-72, while the Monarchs edged the Rice Owls 73-70.
Old Dominion played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid turnover percentage of 8.9 (better than their season average of 15.3) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 20.0 (below their season average of 31.2). Rice was 11.2 and 16.7, respectively, for those same stats. The Mean Green, meanwhile, held the 49ers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below the 27.8 mark opponents have averaged against North Texas this season) and had a turnover percentage of 11.6 (better than their season average of 18.1). Zachary Simmons had a good performance for North Texas with 17 points and seven rebounds. Malik Curry, meanwhile had a good outing for Old Dominion, putting up 25 points, nine rebounds and five assists.
The Monarchs won the sole game between these two teams last season, 72-61. One of Old Dominion’s biggest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They made 27 trips to the line, while North Texas went just two times. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the country’s slowest-paced teams go head-to-head. North Texas currently ranks 342nd in possessions per game (64.5) and Old Dominion is 283rd (67.2).
Old Dominion Monarchs vs. North Texas Mean Green Betting Pick
Pick: SU Winner – North Texas, ATS Winner – North Texas, O/U – Over
- Old Dominion ranks 30th in rebounds per game (39.4) while North Texas ranks 274th (31.0).
- The Mean Green rank 27th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Monarchs rank 102nd (11.9).
- The Mean Green rank 43rd in three pointers allowed per game (18.9) while the Monarchs rank 262nd (25.0).
- Old Dominion ranks eighth in steals allowed per game (4.6) while North Texas ranks 152nd (6.9).
- During their last five games, the Mean Green have scored an average of 73.8 points per game (1.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 69.4 points per game (5.7 above their season average).
- The Monarchs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 5.0, up from 0.5 for the season.