The Oklahoma State Cowboys (7-8, 1-2 Big 12) will be at WVU Coliseum to meet the West Virginia Mountaineers (8-7, 0-3 Big 12) in a Big 12 matchup. Action gets underway at 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 12, 2019, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. West Virginia Mountaineers ATS Odds
In their last outing, the Mountaineers lost a tough one against the Kansas State Wildcats, 71-69, while the Cowboys edged the Texas Longhorns, 61-58.
Oklahoma State played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.3 (above their season average of 28.4) and a free throw rate of 0.288 (above their season average of 0.224). Texas was 21.2 and 0.182, respectively, for those same stats. West Virginia, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 43.8 (above their season average of 38.1). Derek Culver had a solid performance for West Virginia, putting up 17 points and 12 rebounds. Lindy Waters III, meanwhile played a key role for Oklahoma State with 19 points and nine rebounds.
This was a highly contested series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent game, the Cowboys won 88-85. Oklahoma State was successful at getting to and converting from the charity stripe. The Cowboys made 30 of their 36 free throws (83.3 percent), while the Mountaineers were 24-28 (85.7 percent). This will be the first contest of the year between these two teams.
West Virginia should have an edge on the offensive glass in this matchup. The Mountaineers are among the NCAA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking eighth in offensive rebounding percentage at 38.4 percent. Meanwhile, Oklahoma State ranks 207th in the country at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 71.3 percent.
Oklahoma State vs. West Virginia Odds Pick
College Basketball Pick: SU Winner – West Virginia, ATS Winner – West Virginia, O/U – Under
- West Virginia ranks 15th in rebounds per game (41.3) while Oklahoma State ranks 139th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- The Cowboys rank 43rd in blocks per game (4.4) while the Mountaineers rank 105th in blocks allowed per game (3.7).
- The Mountaineers rank 81st in three pointers attempted per game (24.7) while the Cowboys rank 198th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- Oklahoma State averages 6.4 steals per game, which ranks 105th in the nation. West Virginia ranks 172nd in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- The Mountaineers have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, West Virginia has defeated opponents by an average of 4.1 points.
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (1.7 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (2.3 below their season average).