It will be a clash between two tremendous defenses when the TCU Horned Frogs (11-3, 2-0 Big 12) meet the Oklahoma State Cowboys (9-5, 0-2 Big 12) at Ed & Rae Schollmaier Arena. Action begins at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 11, 2020, and can be seen on ESPN2.
Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. TCU Horned Frogs Betting Odds
In their last game, the Horned Frogs barely escaped the Kansas State Wildcats, 59-57, while the Cowboys fell to the 17th-ranked West Virginia Mountaineers, 55-41.
The Horned Frogs held the Wildcats to an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 (below their season average of 28.9) and had a better turnover percentage (16.4 vs. 19.6). Oklahoma State, meanwhile, had a better free throw rate (0.250 vs. 0.224). TCU’s Kevin Samuel played well, finishing with 10 points and 15 rebounds. Meanwhile, Oklahoma State rallied around Lindy Waters III, who finished with 12 points and six rebounds.
The Horned Frogs edged out the Cowboys in this series last year, taking two out of three contests. In the last game, TCU won 73-70. The Horned Frogs’ 30.3 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Cowboys, who had a mark of 24.3. This is the first time these teams will clash this year.
Baskets could be hard to come by in this battle between a pair of the NCAA’s top defenses. TCU currently ranks 29th in defensive efficiency (89.4) and Oklahoma State is 32nd (89.8).
Oklahoma State at TCU Free Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Oklahoma State, ATS Winner – Oklahoma State, O/U – Over
- TCU ranks eighth in assists per game (17.3) while Oklahoma State ranks 216th (11.3).
- The Horned Frogs average 8.6 steals per game, which ranks 33rd in the country. The Cowboys rank 107th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- TCU ranks 24th in blocks per game (5.2) while Oklahoma State ranks 64th (4.1).
- The Horned Frogs rank 36th in three pointers attempted per game (26.8) while the Cowboys rank 232nd in three pointers allowed per game (25.5).
- TCU ranks 91st in rebounds per game (37.6) while Oklahoma State ranks 186th in rebounds allowed per game (37.0).
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 60.0 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 62.4 points per game (0.6 below their season average).
- The Horned Frogs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.8, up from 11.4 for the season.