The third-ranked Kansas Jayhawks (24-3, 13-1 Big 12) and the Oklahoma State Cowboys (14-13, 4-10 Big 12) go head-to-head at Allen Fieldhouse. The Jayhawks will try to lengthen their 12-game winning streak. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, February 24, 2020, and will air on ESPN.
Oklahoma State Cowboys vs. Kansas Jayhawks Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Jayhawks barely escaped the top-ranked Baylor Bears 64-61, while the Cowboys beat the Oklahoma Sooners 83-66.
Oklahoma State dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (above their season average of 29.5) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.515 (above their season average of 0.463). Oklahoma was 21.6 and 0.445, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Kansas’ 0.538 effective field goal percentage was their biggest advantage over Baylor, who had a rate of 0.457. The Jayhawks’ mark was below their season average of 0.547. Udoka Azubuike was a key piece for Kansas with 23 points and 19 rebounds. Cameron McGriff led the way for Oklahoma State, recording 28 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, Christian Braun led the Jayhawks to a 65-50 win. He recorded 16 points and nine rebounds. Kansas had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.491 vs. 0.297). Oklahoma State, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (9.0 vs. 14.2).
Kansas could dominate on the defensive side of the ball as they face off against one of the worst offenses in the nation. The Jayhawks rank seventh in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.437), while Oklahoma State is 315th in effective field goal percentage (0.465).
Oklahoma State Cowboys at Kansas Jayhawks Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Oklahoma State, O/U – Over
- Kansas ranks 48th in rebounds allowed per game (32.3) while Oklahoma State ranks 168th (35.6).
- The Jayhawks rank 43rd in steals per game (7.9) while the Cowboys rank 104th in steals allowed per game (6.1).
- Oklahoma State averages 19.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 235th in the NCAA. Kansas ranks 263rd in three pointers allowed per game (24.4).
- The Jayhawks rank 19th in blocks per game (5.0) while the Cowboys rank 128th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Kansas averages 14.3 assists per game, which ranks 71st in the NCAA. Oklahoma State ranks 179th in assists allowed per game (13.4).
- During their last five games, the Cowboys have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (0.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 67.6 points per game (1.7 above their season average).
- The Jayhawks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 12.6, down from 14.4 for the season.