A seven-game home winning streak hangs in the balance for the Texas Longhorns (10-3, 0-1 Big 12) when they challenge the Oklahoma Sooners (10-3, 1-0 Big 12) at Frank Erwin Special Events Center. The game will air on ESPN2 at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 8, 2020.
Oklahoma Sooners at Texas Longhorns ATS Odds
In their last matchup, the Longhorns were beaten by the sixth-ranked Baylor Bears, 59-44, while the Sooners were victorious over the Kansas State Wildcats, 66-61.
Oklahoma played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous free throw rate of 0.451 (above their season average of 0.246) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.8 (above their season average of 22.6). Kansas State had marks of 0.079 and 25.6, respectively, for those same stats. Texas, on the other hand, held Baylor to an effective field goal percentage of 0.352 (below their season average of 0.517). Texas rallied around Jericho Sims, who finished with 13 points and 15 rebounds. Kristian Doolittle played well for Oklahoma, putting up 19 points and 12 rebounds.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. In the most recent contest, the Sooners won 69-67. The Sooners’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over the Longhorns. Oklahoma had a rate of 27.3, while Texas posted a mark of 18.9. This is the first time these teams will go head-to-head this year.
Texas could dominate on defense as they battle against one of the nation’s worst offenses. The Longhorns rank 39th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.446), while Oklahoma is 268th in effective field goal percentage (0.480).
Oklahoma Sooners at Texas Longhorns Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – Oklahoma, O/U – Under
- Texas ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (15.8) while Oklahoma ranks 266th (28.4).
- The Sooners rank 42nd in steals allowed per game (5.5) while the Longhorns rank 73rd (5.9).
- Oklahoma is 34th in the country with 2.5 blocks allowed per game while Texas is 59th with 2.8 blocks allowed per game.
- The Sooners rank 74th in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Longhorns rank 227th (33.7).
- Texas ranks 16th in assists allowed per game (9.3) while Oklahoma ranks 102nd (12.1).
- The Longhorns’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 6.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sooners have scored an average of 71.6 points per game (3.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 69.6 points per game (0.4 above their season average).