The second-ranked Baylor Bears (15-1, 5-0 Big 12) welcome the Oklahoma Sooners (12-5, 3-2 Big 12) to Ferrell Center. The Bears will try to continue their 14-game winning streak. The game will air on ESPN at 9 p.m. ET on Monday, January 20, 2020.
Oklahoma Sooners at Baylor Bears Betting Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Bears beat the Oklahoma State Cowboys 75-68, while the Sooners dismantled the TCU Horned Frogs 83-63.
The Sooners knocked down 14 of their 17 free throws (82.4 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.639 (above their season average of 0.482). The Bears, meanwhile, knocked down 19 of their 23 free throws (82.6 percent) and had a turnover percentage of 12.1 (better than their season average of 15.0). Jared Butler had a good outing for Baylor, putting up 17 points and six assists. Brady Manek played a pivotal role for Oklahoma with 31 points and nine rebounds.
The Bears dominated this series last year, taking both games. In the most recent game, Baylor won 59-53. Baylor had a better effective field goal percentage (0.481 vs. 0.417). Oklahoma, on the other hand, had a better free throw rate (0.148 vs. 0.130). This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams.
Baylor appears to have the advantage on the defensive side of the ball. The Bears rank 19th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.436), while Oklahoma is 221st in effective field goal percentage (0.490). Also, the Sooners rank fourth in turnover percentage (14.8 percent), while the Bears rank 44th in opponents’ turnover percentage (23.1 percent).
Oklahoma at Baylor Betting Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Baylor, ATS Winner – Baylor, O/U – Over
- Baylor ranks 52nd in three pointers allowed per game (19.3) while Oklahoma ranks 273rd (28.5).
- The Bears rank 34th in steals per game (8.3) while the Sooners rank 137th (6.3).
- Baylor ranks 97th in assists per game (13.9) while Oklahoma ranks 107th in assists allowed per game (12.2).
- The Bears rank 63rd in rebounds per game (38.6) while the Sooners rank 244th in rebounds allowed per game (38.2).
- Oklahoma ranks 22nd in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Baylor ranks 163rd (5.1).
- The Bears’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 10.4, down from 14.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Sooners have scored an average of 68.2 points per game (5.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 66.6 points per game (2.3 below their season average).