The No. 23 Oklahoma Sooners (16-10, 6-8 Big 12), who are currently on a five-game skid, look to get back in the win column when they take on the No. 13 Kansas Jayhawks (21-6, 10-4 Big 12) at Allen Fieldhouse. Kansas opened as an 8.5-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 167 points. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Monday, February 19, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Kansas Jayhawks Odds Preview
The Sooners fell to the Texas Longhorns in their last contest, 77-66. Trae Young had a good game for Oklahoma, leading both teams in scoring with 26 points on 7-for-21 shooting. Texas had an effective field goal percentage of 0.618 (above their season average of 0.498). Oklahoma, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 8.6 (better than their season average of 15.8).
The last time the Jayhawks played, they defeated the No. 20 West Virginia Mountaineers, 77-69. Devonte Graham was a key piece for Kansas with 15 points, eight rebounds and seven assists. The Jayhawks made 26 of their 35 free throws (74.3 percent), while the Mountaineers had a turnover percentage of 17.4 (above their season average of 13.6).
It might turn into a high-scoring affair as two of the nations premier offenses clash. Kansas ranks 21st with 115.9 points per 100 possessions and Oklahoma is 38th (113.4).
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Games including Oklahoma have gone over 60.0 percent of the time, while Kansas games have gone under 57.7 percent of the time. The Jayhawks hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 21-6 SU and 13-12-1 ATS, while the Sooners are 16-10 SU and 8-17 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 165 points, which was under the projected point total of 172.5. The Sooners won 85-80, covering as 2-point favorites. Oklahoma did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (20-25; 80.0 percent). Kansas, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (12.4 vs. 19.0). Young was the games top overall scorer with 26 points.
Oklahoma Sooners at Kansas Jayhawks Prediction
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Under
- The Jayhawks average 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 42nd in the nation. The Sooners rank 183rd in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- Kansas ranks 88th in steals per game (6.7) while Oklahoma ranks 146th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Oklahoma is 3-10 ATS on the road, while Kansas is 7-6-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 8 of the Sooners 13 road games, while 8 of the Jayhawks 14 home games have gone over.
- Kansas ranks 41st in three pointers attempted per game (25.6) while Oklahoma ranks 271st in three pointers allowed per game (25.7).
- The Jayhawks average 17.0 assists per game, which ranks 17th in the NCAA. The Sooners rank 213th in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- Oklahoma averages 39.4 rebounds per game, which ranks 23rd in the nation. Kansas ranks 203rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Kansas is 1-3-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma is 0-5 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Jayhawks have scored an equal number of points as their opponents. For the season, Kansas has defeated opponents by an average of 10.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Sooners have scored an average of 74.2 points per game (13.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 81.4 points per game (0.6 below their season average).