The Oklahoma Sooners (17-11, 7-9 Big 12) will travel to Ferrell Center to meet the Baylor Bears (17-12, 7-9 Big 12) in their home finale. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 157 points with Baylor set as a 4-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 27, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN2.
Oklahoma Sooners at Baylor Bears ATS Preview
In the Sooners’ last game, they defeated the Kansas State Wildcats, 86-77. Trae Young was the top scorer from either team with 28 points on 7-for-11 shooting. The Sooners had a solid free throw rate of 0.309 (above their season average of 0.253) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.627 (above their season average of 0.546).
The Bears are hoping for a better outcome after their 82-72 loss to the TCU Horned Frogs in their last matchup. Jo Lual-Acuil Jr. led Baylor in scoring with 22 points on 9-for-14 shooting. TCU did a great job of converting from the free throw line (21-28; 75.0 percent). Baylor, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 10.0 (better than their season average of 16.5).
Baylor should have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Bears rank 91st in offensive efficiency, while Oklahoma ranks 270th in defensive efficiency.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Oklahoma games have finished over 63.0 percent of the time, while games involving Baylor have gone under 59.1 percent of the time. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (17-11 for Oklahoma; 17-12 for Baylor), but the Bears have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Baylor is 13-9 ATS, while the Sooners are 9-18.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 194 points in that game, which was well over the projected point total of 153.5. The Sooners won 98-96, but were unable to cover as 6-point favorites. Oklahoma did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the free throw line (26-32; 81.3 percent). Baylor, on the other hand, had a much better turnover percentage (9.0 vs. 15.6). Young was the game’s top overall scorer with 44 points.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Baylor Bears Betting Prediction
Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Oklahoma, ATS Winner – Oklahoma, O/U – Over
- The Bears average 14.9 assists per game, which ranks 85th in the NCAA. The Sooners rank 223rd in assists allowed per game (14.9).
- Baylor is 6-4 ATS at home, while Oklahoma is 3-11 ATS on the road.
- In 14 road games, the Sooners have 9 overs, 4 unders and 1 push.
- Of the Bears’ 10 home games, they have 6 unders and 4 overs.
- Oklahoma ranks 33rd in three pointers attempted per game (26.2) while Baylor ranks 267th (18.1).
- The Bears average 38.6 rebounds per game, which ranks 43rd in the NCAA. The Sooners rank 255th in rebounds allowed per game (37.8).
- Oklahoma ranks 28th in blocks per game (4.9) while Baylor ranks 185th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- Baylor is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Bears have been outscored by an average of 0.4 points in their last five games. For the season, Baylor has defeated opponents by an average of 6.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Sooners have scored an average of 76.8 points per game (10.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 86.8 points per game (4.2 above their season average).