The Oklahoma Sooners (13-5, 2-4 Big 12) will be at Gallagher-Iba Arena to meet the Oklahoma State Cowboys (8-10, 2-4 Big 12) in a Big 12 matchup. Action begins at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 23, 2019, and can be seen on ESPNU.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys ATS Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last contest. The Cowboys were beaten by the Iowa State Cyclones, 72-59, while the Sooners lost a close one to the Texas Longhorns, 75-72.
Oklahoma had a turnover percentage of 8.3 (better than their season average of 16.5) while Oklahoma State had an offensive rebounding percentage of 42.4 (above their season average of 29.0). Cameron McGriff fueled Oklahoma State with 17 points and nine rebounds. Meanwhile, Christian James had a solid performance for Oklahoma, recording 20 points and seven rebounds.
In their first matchup this year, James led the Sooners to a 74-64 victory. He notched a double-double with 14 points and 11 rebounds. Getting to the free throw line was one of Oklahoma’s biggest advantages. They made 36 trips to the line, while Oklahoma State went 21 times.
Oklahoma State might have difficulty finding the bottom of the net as they battle against one of the NCAA’s best defenses. Oklahoma currently ranks 35th in defensive efficiency, while the Cowboys rank 238th in offensive efficiency.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Oklahoma State, ATS Winner – Oklahoma, O/U – Under
- Oklahoma ranks 11th in rebounds per game (41.3) while Oklahoma State ranks 155th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).
- The Cowboys rank 141st in three pointers attempted per game (22.7) while the Sooners rank 212th in three pointers allowed per game (24.6).
- Oklahoma State averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 45th in the country. Oklahoma ranks 92nd in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- During their last five games, the Sooners have scored an average of 68.4 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 70.6 points per game (3.0 above their season average).
- The Cowboys have been outscored by an average of 3.2 points in their last five games. For the season, Oklahoma State has scored an equal number of points as their opponents.