The fifth-ranked Kansas Jayhawks (11-1) welcome the 23rd-ranked Oklahoma Sooners (11-1) to Allen Fieldhouse. The Jayhawks look to continue their 10-game winning streak. The game starts at 9 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 2, 2019, and will air on ESPN2.
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Kansas Jayhawks Betting Odds
Both teams defeated their last opponent. The Jayhawks defeated the 10th-ranked Michigan State Spartans 92-87, while the Sooners beat the UT Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros 91-76.
Oklahoma played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.379 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.595. For those same stats, UT Rio Grande Valley recorded marks of 0.130 and 0.486, respectively. Meanwhile, Kansas’ 11.6 turnover percentage was their largest advantage over Michigan State, who had a mark of 19.5. Kansas was lifted by Dedric Lawson, who contributed 20 points, 14 rebounds and six assists. Meanwhile, Christian James played a key role for Oklahoma with 29 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year, as the teams split their two games last season. The Jayhawks won the most recent contest 104-74. The Jayhawks’ offensive rebounding percentage was their largest advantage over the Sooners. Kansas had a rate of 40.0, while Oklahoma posted a mark of 26.3. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
James has been playing at a high level as of late for Oklahoma, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Points could be at a premium as two of the NCAA’s top defenses face off. Kansas currently ranks 59th in defensive efficiency (94.7) and Oklahoma is 22nd (90.1).
Oklahoma Sooners vs. Kansas Jayhawks Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Kansas, ATS Winner – Kansas, O/U – Under
- Kansas averages 39.5 rebounds per game, which ranks 43rd in the country. Oklahoma ranks 182nd in rebounds allowed per game (37.2).
- The Sooners rank 53rd in blocks per game (4.3) while the Jayhawks rank 105th in blocks allowed per game (3.6).
- Oklahoma ranks 213th in three pointers attempted per game (19.7) while Kansas ranks 249th in three pointers allowed per game (26.9).
- The Jayhawks rank 49th in assists per game (15.6) while the Sooners rank 133rd (13.5).
- Kansas ranks 48th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Oklahoma ranks 115th (6.6).
- The Sooners’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.2, down from 10.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Jayhawks have scored an average of 85.8 points per game (4.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 76.0 points per game (6.2 above their season average).