Northwest Division foes will collide when the Portland Trail Blazers (5-4) take on the Oklahoma City Thunder (4-4) at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. Oklahoma City is a 3-point favorite on the opening line while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 208.5 points. Action gets underway at at 9 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 5, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma.
Oklahoma City Thunder at Portland Trail Blazers Odds Preview
In the Thunder’s last game, they fell to the Boston Celtics, 101-94. Paul George put together a solid performance for Oklahoma City, leading both teams in scoring with 25 points on 9-for-20 shooting. Boston’s 0.190 free throw rate was their largest strength over Oklahoma City, who had a rate of 0.126. The Celtics’ mark was below their season average of 0.216, while the Thunder’s was below their season average of 0.174.
The Trail Blazers will look to maintain momentum after just getting past the Los Angeles Lakers, 113-110, in their last outing. With 32 points on 8-for-18 shooting, Damian Lillard was the top scorer from either team. The Trail Blazers held the Lakers to an offensive rebounding percentage of 6.1 (below their season average of 20.5) and had a free throw rate of 0.279 (above their season average of 0.240).
Oklahoma City could struggle to create turnovers. Dating back to last season, Portland ranks eighth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.3 percent), while Oklahoma City has forced the ninth-fewest turnovers (13.5 percent).
Oklahoma City games have gone under 75.0 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of games featuring Portland have finished under. The Trail Blazers hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (5-4 vs. 4-4), but the Thunder have the better against the spread (ATS) record (4-4 vs. 3-5-1).
The Trail Blazers won three out of four matchups against the Thunder last season. In the last game, the Trail Blazers won 114-95. The Trail Blazers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great effective field goal percentage of 0.588 and a turnover percentage of 13.2. For those same stats, the Thunder had marks of 0.425 and 17.5, respectively.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Portland Trail Blazers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Thunder rank 11th in steals per game (8.1) while the Trail Blazers rank 25th (7.0).
- Oklahoma City averages 14.4 second chance points per game, which ranks eighth in the league. Portland ranks 14th in second chance points allowed per game (12.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in fast break points per game (16.7) while Portland ranks 17th (10.7).
- Portland allows the third-fewest three pointers per game (25.3) while Oklahoma City ranks fourth (25.6).
- Oklahoma City is 27-4 when they allow under 100 points, while Portland is 19-6.
- When reaching the century mark, the Trail Blazers are 42-32 and the Thunder are 47-22.
- The Thunder rank 18th in points off turnovers per game (16.2) while the Trail Blazers rank 27th (14.8).
- Oklahoma City ranks seventh in blocks per game (5.3) while Portland ranks 26th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- The Thunder rank third in points in the paint per game (49.2) while the Trail Blazers rank 20th (42.0).
- The Trail Blazers rank fifth in assists allowed per game (20.4) while the Thunder rank seventh (21.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in rebounds allowed per game (41.0) while Portland ranks 18th (43.9).