A seven-game road winning streak is on the line for the Oklahoma City Thunder (32-22), who will be 2-point underdogs when they meet the New Orleans Pelicans (23-31) at Smoothie King Center. The game can be seen on Fox Sports – New Orleans at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 13, 2020.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New Orleans Pelicans ATS Odds
In the Pelicans’ last game, they won big over the Portland Trail Blazers, 138-117, easily covering as 3-point favorites. The Thunder, meanwhile, were defeated by the San Antonio Spurs, 114-106, resulting in a push. Both games finished over their projected point totals. The New Orleans game went 15 points over the projected point total of 240, while the Oklahoma City game went 0.5 points over the projected point total of 219.5.
New Orleans dominated every facet of the contest. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 33.3 (above their season average of 23.8) and a free throw rate of 0.283 (above their season average of 0.182). For those same stats, Portland was 25.0 and 0.237, respectively. Oklahoma City, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.524 vs. 0.530). Zion Williamson had a solid performance for New Orleans, finishing with 31 points, nine rebounds and five assists. Chris Paul, meanwhile was a key piece for Oklahoma City with 31 points and seven assists.
In their three matchups this season, the Thunder have won all three. The two teams combined to put up 211 points in their most recent game, which was well under the projected point total of 226.5. Oklahoma City won 107-104, covering as a 3-point underdog. One of Oklahoma City’s biggest advantages was getting to the free throw line. They made 26 trips to the line, while New Orleans went just 10 times. Danilo Gallinari recorded a double-double with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
Just over half of the Thunder’s games have finished under the projected point total. Oklahoma City comes into the game with records of 32-22 straight up (SU) and 34-19-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has a tendency to set the total low when the Pelicans are involved, as 57.4 percent of their games have gone over the total. Further, New Orleans is 23-31 SU and 26-24-4 ATS.
It will be a battle of conflicting tempos as the up-and-down Pelicans (ranked fourth in the league in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Thunder (25th in possessions per game). Also, the Thunder rank first in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.232), while the Pelicans rank 22nd in opponents’ FTA rate (0.215).
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New Orleans Pelicans Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank 17th in points allowed in the paint per game (49.0) while the Pelicans rank 27th (53.0).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (10.4) while New Orleans ranks 27th (15.2).
- The Pelicans rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (38.1) while the Thunder rank 26th (29.7).
- New Orleans ranks sixth in assists per game (26.2) while Oklahoma City ranks 27th (21.9).
- New Orleans ranks fifth in rebounds per game (46.6) while Oklahoma City ranks 21st (43.1).
- The Thunder rank third in steals allowed per game (6.8) while the Pelicans rank 27th (8.4).
- The Thunder rank eighth in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.7) while the Pelicans rank 28th (19.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while New Orleans ranks eighth (4.4).
- New Orleans ranks seventh in second chance points per game (14.1) while Oklahoma City ranks last (10.9).
- Oklahoma City is 7-3 when they allow below 100 points, while New Orleans is 3-0.
- The Thunder are 31-14 when they reach the century mark, while the Pelicans are 23-28.
- New Orleans is 14-13 ATS at home, while Oklahoma City is 20-5 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 15 of the Pelicans’ 27 home games, while 15 of the Thunder’s 25 road games have gone under.
- The Pelicans are 2-2-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Thunder are 2-3.
- In their last five games, New Orleans has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Oklahoma City has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Pelicans have scored an average of 120.8 points per game (5.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 118.0 points per game (0.8 above their season average).
- The Thunder’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 1.6, down from 2.5 for the season.