The New Orleans Pelicans (8-8) will be at home in Smoothie King Center when they meet the Oklahoma City Thunder (7-8). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 213.5 points with Oklahoma City opening as a 2.5-point favorite. Action begins at 8 p.m. ET on Monday, November 20, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Oklahoma.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New Orleans Pelicans ATS Preview
The Thunder lost a close one to the San Antonio Spurs in their last game, 104-101. Oklahoma Citys Russell Westbrook put together a solid performance, contributing 15 points, nine rebounds and nine assists. San Antonio did a great job of converting from the free throw line (22-28; 78.6 percent). Oklahoma City, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 7.5 (better than their season average of 13.2).
The last time the Pelicans played, they were defeated by the Denver Nuggets, 146-114. Anthony Davis led New Orleans in scoring with 17 points on 7-for-11 shooting. Denver did a fantastic job of converting from the free throw line (16-21; 76.2 percent). New Orleans, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (12.0 vs. 12.5).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, this will be a balanced game. The sharp-shooting New Orleans offense ranks fifth in the NBA in that metric at 0.540, while the top-notch Oklahoma City defense is ranked fourth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.493).
Of Oklahoma Citys 15 games, 10 have finished under the O/U total, while 8 of New Orleans 16 games have finished over the projected point total. Both teams have middling straight up (SU) records (7-8 for Oklahoma City; 8-8 for New Orleans), but the Pelicans have the advantage against the spread (ATS). New Orleans is 9-7 ATS, while the Thunder are 6-8-1.
This is the first time these teams will clash this year. The Thunder won all four games played against each other last season. In the last contest, Oklahoma City won 118-110. Oklahoma City had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.4 vs. 15.9). New Orleans, on the other hand, did a great job of getting and making free throws (30-37; 81.1 percent).
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. New Orleans Pelicans Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Thunder average 10.2 steals per game, which ranks first in the league. The Pelicans rank 18th in steals allowed per game (8.3).
- Oklahoma City ranks ninth in second chance points per game (13.2) while New Orleans ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.6).
- New Orleans ranks third in assists per game (26.0) while Oklahoma City ranks 19th (21.0).
- Oklahoma City is 2-6 ATS on the road, while New Orleans is 3-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone under in 4 of the Pelicans 7 home games, while 6 of the Thunders 8 road games have gone under.
- New Orleans is 2-0 when they allow under 100 points, while Oklahoma City is 6-2.
- The Pelicans are 6-4 when they score over 100 points, while the Thunder are 6-3.
- The Thunder average 31.0 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Pelicans rank 24th in three pointers allowed per game (31.7).
- New Orleans ranks second in points in the paint per game (53.0) while Oklahoma City ranks 25th (39.7).
- The Thunder rank fourth in fast break points allowed per game (8.5) while the Pelicans rank 25th (12.4).
- The Thunder rank fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.2) while the Pelicans rank eighth (4.5).
- Oklahoma City averages 21.1 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. New Orleans ranks 19th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.7).
- New Orleans is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma City is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Pelicans average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 103.8 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.0 points per game (1.5 above their season average).