Northwest Division foes will collide when the Denver Nuggets (6-5) square off against the Oklahoma City Thunder (4-6) at Pepsi Center. Neither team is favored and the game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 215.5 points. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Thursday, November 9, 2017, and it can be seen on TNT.
Oklahoma City Thunder at Denver Nuggets Free Preview
In the Thunder’s last outing, they fell to the Sacramento Kings, 94-86. With 20 points on 7-for-21 shooting, Russell Westbrook was Oklahoma City’s leading scorer. Sacramento held the Thunder to an effective field goal percentage of 0.395 (below their season average of 0.519). Oklahoma City, meanwhile, forced the Kings into a turnover percentage of 21.4 (above their season average of 13.4).
The Nuggets will look to maintain momentum after beating the Brooklyn Nets in their last matchup, 112-104. Denver rallied around Nikola Jokic, who was the top scorer from either team with 41 points on 16-for-25 shooting. Denver played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 15.7 (worse than their season average of 13.4) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 18.8 (below their season average of 25.0). Brooklyn put up marks of 20.2 and 17.4, respectively, for those same stats.
Denver might have a difficult time scoring as they clash against one of the NBA’s best defenses. Oklahoma City currently ranks second in defensive efficiency while the Nuggets rank 15th in offensive efficiency.
Both of these teams have a tendency to go under the O/U total. Games involving Oklahoma City have finished under 80.0 percent of the time, while 63.6 percent of Denver games have gone under. The Nuggets have the better straight up (SU) record (6-5 vs. 4-6), but the Thunder hold the significant advantage against the spread (ATS) (4-6 vs. 3-8).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Thunder won three out of four games played against each other last season. In the last game, Denver won 111-105. Denver did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (26-32; 81.3 percent). Oklahoma City, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (26.9 vs. 11.9).
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Thunder average 10.6 steals per game, which ranks first in the league. The Nuggets rank 16th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks fifth in blocks per game (5.6) while Denver ranks 15th (4.5).
- Denver ranks second in second chance points per game (15.5) while Oklahoma City ranks 15th (11.9).
- Denver ranks 10th in rebounds per game (45.0) while Oklahoma City ranks 13th in rebounds allowed per game (43.0).
- Denver is 2-4 ATS at home, while Oklahoma City is 2-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 4 of the Nuggets’ 6 home games, while 5 of the Thunder’s 6 road games have gone under.
- Denver is 2-0 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Oklahoma City is 4-2.
- When reaching 100 points, the Thunder are 4-2 and the Nuggets are 4-3.
- The Thunder rank second in fast break points allowed per game (7.7) while the Nuggets rank 13th (10.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks second in points off turnovers allowed per game (13.6) while Denver ranks 28th (21.7).
- The Thunder rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.4) while the Nuggets rank 23rd in three pointers allowed per game (31.5).
- The Thunder rank 18th in assists per game (21.6) while the Nuggets rank 22nd in assists allowed per game (23.8).
- Denver ranks third in points in the paint per game (50.2) while Oklahoma City ranks 20th (40.6).
- Denver is 1-4 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma City is 2-3 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Nuggets’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 0.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 98.0 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 91.6 points per game (5.2 below their season average).