The Brooklyn Nets (9-14) and the Oklahoma City Thunder (11-12) square off at Mexico City Arena. Oklahoma City is a 7.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 215 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 7, 2017, and it can be seen on YES Network.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Preview
In the Thunder’s last game, they were victorious over the Utah Jazz, 100-94. With 34 points, 14 assists and 13 rebounds, Russell Westbrook led the way for Oklahoma City with his sixth triple-double this year. Oklahoma City dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 31.6 (above their season average of 25.9) and a free throw rate of 0.222 (above their season average of 0.188). For those same stats, Utah was 20.9 and 0.190, respectively.
The Nets hope to keep it rolling after thoroughly outplaying the Atlanta Hawks in their last outing, 110-90. Brooklyn’s Rondae Hollis-Jefferson had a solid performance, contributing 16 points and 10 rebounds. The Nets had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 29.3 (above their season average of 22.1) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.571 (above their season average of 0.510).
The offense of Brooklyn (19th in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 104.7) will battle against the top-notch defense of Oklahoma City (fourth in the league with a defensive efficiency of 101.0). The Thunder figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
In terms of the O/U total, these teams are complete opposites. Oklahoma City games have gone under 65.2 percent of the time, while games including Brooklyn have finished over 56.5 percent of the time. The Thunder have the better straight up (SU) record (11-12 vs. 9-14), but the Nets hold the substantial advantage against the spread (ATS) (15-8 vs. 7-15-1).
Westbrook has been exceptional over the last five games for Oklahoma City, averaging 25.8 points, 10.4 rebounds, 9.8 assists and 2.4 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after the Thunder won both matchups last season. In the most recent contest, Oklahoma City won 122-104. The Thunder played a nearly perfect game. They had a solid offensive rebounding percentage of 31.7 and a turnover percentage of 11.1. For those same stats, the Nets recorded marks of 11.4 and 17.6, respectively.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Brooklyn Nets ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank first in points off turnovers per game (20.4) while the Nets rank 19th (16.4).
- Oklahoma City averages 14.2 second chance points per game, which ranks fifth in the NBA. Brooklyn ranks 16th in second chance points allowed per game (12.4).
- Oklahoma City averages 4.9 blocks per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Brooklyn ranks 26th in blocks allowed per game (5.6).
- When allowing below 100 points, Brooklyn is 4-0 and Oklahoma City is 9-4.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Thunder are 9-5 and the Nets are 7-13.
- The Nets rank second in three pointers attempted per game (33.9) while the Thunder rank 16th in three pointers allowed per game (29.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks sixth in rebounds allowed per game (41.5) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (46.7).
- The Thunder rank first in steals per game (10.5) while the Nets rank 23rd (7.3).
- The Thunder rank sixth in fast break points per game (13.7) while the Nets rank 15th in fast break points allowed per game (11.1).
- Oklahoma City ranks third in points allowed in the paint per game (39.8) while Brooklyn ranks 22nd (46.4).
- Brooklyn is 4-1 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma City is 0-5 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nets have outscored opponents by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Brooklyn has lost by an average of 2.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 98.0 points per game (4.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 101.2 points per game (2.4 above their season average).