The Sacramento Kings (18-39) will be at home in Golden 1 Center when they clash with the Oklahoma City Thunder (33-26). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 213 points with Oklahoma City opening as a 7.5-point favorite. Action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 22, 2018, and it can be seen on NBC Sports – California.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Sacramento Kings ATS Preview
In the Thunder’s last contest, they beat the Memphis Grizzlies, 121-114. With 23 points, 15 assists and 13 rebounds, Russell Westbrook led the way for Oklahoma City with his 16th triple-double this season. Oklahoma City played a perfect game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.296 (above their season average of 0.188) and a turnover percentage of 8.5 (better than their season average of 12.0). For those same stats, Memphis had marks of 0.140 and 11.5, respectively.
The Kings are hoping for a better outcome after their 100-91 loss to the Houston Rockets in their last matchup. Bogdan Bogdanovic was Sacramento’s high scorer with 20 points on 8-for-15 shooting. Houston did a terrific job of making free throws (20-22; 90.9 percent). Sacramento, on the other hand, held the Rockets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 15.2 (below their season average of 21.4).
Sacramento might struggle to score as they face off against one of the league’s best defenses. Oklahoma City currently ranks eighth in defensive efficiency, while the Kings rank 30th in offensive efficiency.
Of Oklahoma City’s 59 games, 32 have finished under the O/U total, while 30 of Sacramento’s 57 games have finished over the projected point total. The Thunder have the superior straight up (SU) record (33-26 vs. 18-39), but the Kings have been superior against the spread (ATS) (25-29-3 vs. 24-34-1).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Thunder, it’s been Paul George, who has averaged 30.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 2.8 steals, while the Kings have gotten solid contributions from Bogdanovic (12.8 points and 5.0 assists).
These two teams have met twice already this year, each winning once. In the most recent game, Westbrook put up 19 points, 16 rebounds and nine assists and the Thunder beat the Kings 95-88 but did not cover as 12-point favorites. The two teams combined to score 183 points, which was 25 points below the projected point total of 208 points. Oklahoma City won the rebounding battle. The Thunder had more offensive rebounds (18 vs. six), defensive rebounds (41 vs. 31) and total rebounds (59 vs. 37).
Oklahoma City Thunder at Sacramento Kings Free Prediction
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Over
- The Thunder rank fourth in fast break points per game (14.5) while the Kings rank 23rd (9.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in second chance points per game (15.0) while Sacramento ranks 16th (11.8).
- Oklahoma City ranks 10th in blocks per game (5.0) while Sacramento ranks 26th (4.0).
- Oklahoma City is 12-17 ATS on the road, while Sacramento is 10-15 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 14 of the Kings’ 25 home games, while 16 of the Thunder’s 29 road games have gone under.
- When allowing under 100 points, Oklahoma City is 18-5 and Sacramento is 11-4.
- When scoring over 100 points, the Thunder are 29-13 and the Kings are 13-14.
- The Thunder average 29.6 three pointers per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Kings rank 28th in three pointers allowed per game (31.9).
- Oklahoma City ranks sixth in rebounds per game (44.8) while Sacramento ranks 28th (40.3).
- The Thunder rank first in points off turnovers per game (18.7) while the Kings rank 22nd (15.4).
- The Kings are 25th in the league with 21.2 assists per game while the Thunder are 26th with 21.1 assists per game.
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (9.2) while Sacramento ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- Sacramento is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Oklahoma City is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Kings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.2, down from 8.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 109.8 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 107.4 points per game (4.2 above their season average).