The Sacramento Kings (10-13) will be at home in the Golden 1 Center when they square off with the Oklahoma City Thunder (11-12). The game starts at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 11, 2019, and will air on NBC Sports – California.
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Sacramento Kings ATS Odds
Both teams covered in their last contest. The Kings (12-point underdogs) defeated the Houston Rockets 119-118, while the Thunder (8.5-point underdog) beat the Utah Jazz 104-90. The Sacramento game finished 13 points over the projected point total of 224, while the Oklahoma City game went 12 points under the projected point total of 206.
Oklahoma City played a nearly flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.188 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 12.4). Utah was 0.112 and 12.9, respectively, for those same stats. Meanwhile, Sacramento’s 8.4 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Houston, who had a mark of 16.8. The Kings’ mark was better than their season average of 13.3, while the Rockets’ was above their season average of 12.9. Buddy Hield played a pivotal role for Sacramento with 26 points. Meanwhile, Steven Adams had a solid performance for Oklahoma City, putting up 11 points and 13 rebounds.
The Kings held the advantage in this series last year, emerging victorious in three out of four games. In the most recent contest, Sacramento won 119-116. The Kings’ 7.4 turnover percentage was their largest strength over the Thunder, who had a mark of 10.7. This is the first time these teams will battle this year.
Of the Thunder’s 23 games, 14 have finished under the projected point total. Oklahoma City comes into the game with records of 11-12 straight up (SU) and 14-8-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games involving the Kings also have typically finished under the total (60.9 percent). Additionally, Sacramento owns records of 10-13 SU and 15-8 ATS.
The Thunder’s Dennis Schroder has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 21 points per game. Meanwhile, Richaun Holmes has averaged 17 points,10.4 rebounds,1.4 steals during that same time frame for the Kings.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when two of the NBA’s slowest-paced teams square off. Sacramento ranks 29th in possessions per game (100.0) and Oklahoma City is 25th (100.8).
Thunder vs. Kings Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- Sacramento ranks 11th in three pointers attempted per game (35.0) while Oklahoma City ranks 27th (29.6).
- The Kings rank 20th in fast break points per game (12.1) while the Thunder rank last (8.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (22.3) while Sacramento ranks 12th (23.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks 19th in steals per game (7.4) while Sacramento ranks 21st in steals allowed per game (8.1).
- The Kings rank 14th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Thunder rank 28th (10.2).
- The Thunder rank 21st in points in the paint per game (45.2) while the Kings rank 27th (41.5).
- Sacramento ranks fifth in rebounds allowed per game (42.8) while Oklahoma City ranks 16th (45.6).
- Oklahoma City is 5-2 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Sacramento is 4-2.
- The Kings are 10-7 when they score above 100 points, while the Thunder are 11-7.
- Sacramento is 5-4 ATS at home, while Oklahoma City is 7-4 ATS on the road.
- Of the Thunder’s 11 road games, they have 7 unders and 4 overs.
- Of the Kings’ 9 home games, they have 5 unders and 4 overs.
- The Thunder are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Kings are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Oklahoma City has 4 unders and 1 over, while Sacramento has 4 overs and 1 under.
- During their last five games, the Thunder have scored an average of 111.6 points per game (3.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.8 points per game (2.9 below their season average).
- The Kings’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 2.8, down from 3.2 for the season.