The Sacramento Kings (1-8), who are currently on a seven-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they welcome the Oklahoma City Thunder (4-5) to Golden 1 Center. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 206.5 points with Oklahoma City opening as an 11-point favorite. Tip-off is set for at 10 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 7, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Oklahoma City Thunder at Sacramento Kings Odds Preview
The Thunder were beaten by the Portland Trail Blazers, 103-99, in their last outing. Russell Westbrook had a good game for Oklahoma City, finishing with 25 points, nine assists and six rebounds. Portland did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (22-28; 78.6 percent). Oklahoma City, meanwhile, forced the Trail Blazers into a turnover percentage of 19.6 (above their season average of 12.2).
In the Kings’ last game, they were beat by the Detroit Pistons, 108-99. Zach Randolph led Sacramento in scoring with 19 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Detroit held the Kings to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.0 (below their season average of 22.4). Sacramento, meanwhile, had an effective field goal percentage of 0.592 (above their season average of 0.467).
Sacramento might have a difficult time finding the bottom of the net as they go head-to-head against one of the league’s best defenses. Oklahoma City ranks second in defensive efficiency, while the Kings rank 30th in offensive efficiency since last season.
Games featuring Oklahoma City have gone under 77.8 percent of the time, while 55.6 percent of Sacramento’s games have gone under. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Thunder have a substantial advantage. They are 4-5 SU and 4-5 ATS, while the Kings are 1-8 SU and 2-6-1 ATS.
The Thunder won two out of three contests against the Kings last season. In the most recent matchup, the Kings won 116-101. Sacramento’s rebounding was their biggest advantage. The Kings had more offensive rebounds (11 vs. five), defensive rebounds (35 vs. 33) and total rebounds (46 vs. 38).
Oklahoma City Thunder vs. Sacramento Kings ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Kings, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Thunder rank seventh in assists allowed per game (21.1) while the Kings rank 25th (23.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks 15th in second chance points allowed per game (12.5) while Sacramento ranks 26th (12.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (8.1) while Sacramento ranks 16th (7.7).
- Oklahoma City ranks 21st in rebounds per game (46.0) while Sacramento ranks 26th (40.9).
- Sacramento is 16-5 when they allow less than 100 points, while Oklahoma City is 27-4.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Thunder are 47-22 and the Kings are 25-24.
- The Thunder rank third in fast break points per game (16.6) while the Kings rank 18th (10.6).
- Oklahoma City ranks fifth in points off turnovers per game (16.3) while Sacramento ranks 29th (16.0).
- The Thunder rank sixth in three pointers attempted per game (26.4) while the Kings rank 29th (23.6).
- The Thunder rank first in points allowed in the paint per game (46.9) while the Kings rank 10th (40.9).
- Oklahoma City ranks fourth in blocks per game (5.2) while Sacramento ranks 24th (3.9).